PDA

View Full Version : Face Based Collaboration Issue

jason.combs
2007-03-27, 03:21 PM
We had an issue this morning regarding two receptacles that were face based, but Revit Systems acted like they were wall based. Here's the summary of what happened:

Project MEP links to Project Arch and receptacles are placed on walls.
Project Arch deletes a wall.
Project MEP is reopened and the Project Arch link is reloaded.
Revit Systems relays errors of two receptacles not having hosts, and the option is either to delete them or close the project.
-We ended up deleting the receptacles.

Now, I tried the same scenario on two completely new projects using the same scenario. However, in this scenario the receptacles remained, but were left unhosted. This should have been the expected outcome of the scenario above.

Any ideas on why there would be a difference?

jvedio
2007-03-28, 04:21 AM
Are you copying rooms as well as walls when you link the architectural?
Are your copied walls generic types or do they match the architectural wall type?

jason.combs
2007-03-28, 12:18 PM
We are not copying walls. We are copying the levels and rooms for monitoring.

Could it be that the receptacles are attaching the Room objects? I would not think this is allowable.

Steve_Stafford
2007-03-28, 04:03 PM
Is it possible that the option to place the receptacles changed during the time frame that they were all placed? If I recall correctly this option resets when you stop then start the command later? If so they might have been wall hosted inadvertently. It would be easy to miss since placing the receptacle would "work".

jvedio
2007-03-28, 05:10 PM
After some testing I noticed that outlets would get deleted if a wall in the architectural was resized so that the outlets no longer fell on it. The wall still exists, but the portion the outlets were on is no longer there.

Now when I just straight deleted the wall the outlets would remain, they would just be un-hosted.

I dont know if I'm right or not but it seems that deleting the wall removes the place to host the outlet thereby re hosting it, whereas resizing the wall keeps the host face but the outlet doesn't see it as a valid host anymore because it's in a different location and not deleted.

jason.combs
2007-03-28, 05:21 PM
Steve, that is a good thought. Can a face based family become wall hosted based on how it is placed?

jvedio, that is a good observation, and if true, is highly probable. That ties to my scenario of placing a door opening where there is a receptacle. Therefore, the wall hosting surface changes but the wall object boundary does not.