PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good examples of Electrical drawing content

rob_cat_76
2007-03-29, 03:13 PM
cold someone tell me were to fine examples of, or books to help me with electrical drawings for building electrical equipment placement such as receptacles, switches, load centers, lights etc..

and the electrical wiring drawing as well

I am looking for industry standards, any direction would be great

thanks

H-Angus
2007-03-29, 03:25 PM
Hi, welcome to AUGI,

I just wondered what software you use, eg ADT/ABS, Revit, Acad, Acad Lt etc.

Are you looking for electrical symbols?

david_peterson
2007-03-29, 04:38 PM
cold someone tell me were to fine examples of, or books to help me with electrical drawings for building electrical equipment placement such as receptacles, switches, load centers, lights etc..

and the electrical wiring drawing as well

I am looking for industry standards, any direction would be great

thanksWelcome to AUGI! :beer:
If you want a reference manual, I'd start by looking for a student version (it's about 1/3 the price) of Architectural Graphics Standards. It contains lots of info on everything and can help with standard placement of just about any item in a building. The other one you may want to look for is "Building Construction Illustrated" by Ching & Adams. Lots of nice illustraions and stuff. Those would be my 2 picks for the basics. If you really want to get into wire diagrams, and out right full building systems, "Mechanical and Electrical Systems in Buildings" by Tao & Janis can get you into full design of MEP systems.

rob_cat_76
2007-03-29, 05:22 PM
ok great, input thanks

I am using autocad 2006 and 2006 elect

one other question

any were that may have sample elect or placement drawing maybe in pdf format

online other than the books,

david_peterson
2007-03-29, 05:32 PM
I did a quick google of "Electrical Floor plans" and found this (http://www.buildingscience.com/bsc/about/plans/plan01/habitat_e1.pdf) one off the bat. There's more out there. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let us know. :beer:

timmueller
2010-11-11, 05:30 PM
I did a quick google of "Electrical Floor plans" and found this (http://www.buildingscience.com/bsc/about/plans/plan01/habitat_e1.pdf) one off the bat. There's more out there. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let us know. :beer:

FYI, the above link is broken.

Ah, the beauty of the ever-changing internet!