PDA

View Full Version : New Revit Users at Mt. San Antonio College

bill0246
2007-04-04, 12:47 AM
I am teaching a class at Mt. San Antonio College in Pomona, California. My students are intermediate students with background in board drafting and architecture and AutoCAD. We are currently learning Revit 9. I am introducing my students to this site as an (outstanding) resource. Hopefully several will be contributing members to the community in the future!

They will be posting threads introducing themselves......so please don't yell at them (yet)

SwtFlwrGrl83
2007-04-04, 01:32 AM
Hey Mr. Brown do I get extra credit for doing this homework assignment in less than 5 min??

j_tancharoen15
2007-04-04, 01:43 AM
Hello my name is Jeff and I'm a student at Mt. San Antonio College where I'm currently learning how to use Revit. My question is does anyone have some info on creating a wall under a round staircase? Any help would be great. Oh and Bill Brown is awesome!

superfrank1114
2007-04-04, 01:44 AM
i am Frank Chang
Arch 18 class for become a Revit user
and i feel that revit is the best software i have ever use~

jbalding48677
2007-04-04, 01:49 AM
Welcome all -

Yes Mr. Brown is now officially an evangelist!!! And all around good guy...

bluedragon1121
2007-04-04, 01:51 AM
Is this where we are supposed to post something??

SwtFlwrGrl83
2007-04-04, 01:56 AM
Yes Mr. Brown this is my second post. I am just trying to see if I edited my signature correctly. Thanks for the help my computer is slower than I am.

Joef
2007-04-04, 02:30 AM
Hello my name is Jeff and I'm a student at Mt. San Antonio College where I'm currently learning how to use Revit. My question is does anyone have some info on creating a wall under a round staircase? Any help would be great. Oh and Bill Brown is awesome!A couple solutions to this problem are found in this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=13882&highlight=wall

Good Luck and welcome to AUGI!

j_tancharoen15
2007-04-04, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the help Joef!

Brian Myers
2007-04-04, 02:58 AM
Welcome everyone, feel free to post any CAD/Revit questions you may have. :mrgreen:

ajayholland
2007-04-04, 03:08 PM
BTW be aware that upon completing your coursework there will be a great demand for your skills. You can write your own ticket!

Bill is a great instructor and we’re fortunate to have him here in Southern California!

~AJH

kpaxton
2007-04-04, 07:25 PM
Bill,
<pacing back and forth>
So you brought us a new bunch of Recruits? Hmmmm.
They look a little rough around the edges and wet behind the ears!
But I'm sure you'll whip them into shape in no time!
Now drop and give me TWENTY!!!
Move it, move it, move it.....

All joking aside, welcome to the forums. I'm sure Bill has already mentioned this to you, but it's worth saying again:

There is a wealth of information here on the site. Before asking online, please use the SEARCH function to look for an answer and read through the post(s).
If you don't get an immediate hit on your search, trying thinking of something related or similar to your subject.
Feel free to browse the posts in the other areas of the site - again, there are some great topics, hints and tips there.
There is no such thing as a stupid question - we only ask that you fully describe your problem and what you're running into - and what you'd like the end result to be. And post a screenshot - as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words sometimes.
As you're possibly interested in a career with a firm that uses Revit, please keep in mind the following information. The more that you know about today's construction methods, the better you will be at using the program and the more valuable you'll be to your potential employer. It's not simply a matter of knowing how to operate a computer program - knowing what you're putting together and why is even more important to those who are using Revit. I'm sure that Bill will try his best in helping you understand these methods. Try also to pay attention and ask questions at construction sites - see how the different elements go together.

Bill, I hope that I didn't scare anyone away!! We'll all try to help as we can over the next semester. Until then - Happy Reviting!

Good Luck!
Kyle

bill0246
2007-04-05, 07:46 PM
This is what I was talking about students! The professional users will recognize you and answer your questions. My experience with the professional Revit users has been that they are a very cool bunch that are generous with their time and will help students without asking for anything in return except to do the same down the road.

Oh...there ARE dumb questions......like "what's the difference between paper space and model space?" and "what's my LTSCALE?"

Thanks (professional users) for the input!

tc3dcad60731
2007-04-06, 12:37 AM
First off welcome to the AUGI and congratulations on learning Revit!

I do not know Bill Brown but I can tell you he is smart for referring his class to this site and these forums. As noted above do use the search feature on these forums and if you do not find it then ask! Also, you can search the archived classes under education on this site for other tutorials that might add to your excersizes. I would also like to refer you to DGCAD's website.... I believe it is cadclips.com.... where you can obtain free clips on specific Revit tasks. He is on top of his game with his tutorials!

Again congratulations!

cintyarodas
2007-04-06, 12:50 AM
Mr. Brown
I posted something on tue, but I dont see it any where.

sleimgruber06
2007-04-11, 11:03 PM
I am teaching a class at Mt. San Antonio College in Pomona, California. My students are intermediate students with background in board drafting and architecture and AutoCAD. We are currently learning Revit 9. I am introducing my students to this site as an (outstanding) resource. Hopefully several will be contributing members to the community in the future!

They will be posting threads introducing themselves......so please don't yell at them (yet)Hey Bill! You found a job without my help this time! ;) Looking forward to taking your class this summer @ Orange Coast College... will there be anything new or exciting? or should I not waste my money... :beer: Cheers to you and all the wonderful work and masterpieces ( "me" :mrgreen: ) you have created!

For those of you who dont know, I'm a former student of Bill's at Santiago High School, I currently attend Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA, and work for a Firm called Wimberly Allison Tong and Goo ( WATG ) As said in previous posts, there is a huge amount of information on this forum site, and more than enough friends to make; for everyone is quite generous and more than willing to sacrifice their time (hope its not sounding too harsh) to help others... Good Luck with Revit and Bill's class because in personal experience...it was NOT easy...

007px
2007-04-22, 04:15 PM
hi!
I am your student PEIXI JIN at Mt. San Antonio College.
Bill i am show up so late! i got too much problem to come here!

bill0246
2007-04-23, 02:35 AM
Peixi,

Good to see you get on to AUGI! Use the Revit forums to ask questions and get a feel for what type of questions people have. The moderators are very knowledgeable and willing to help you. It's a great resource!