PDA

View Full Version : Architectural - Fire Place

Mr Cory
2007-04-04, 11:14 PM
Crafty wee block if i do say so myself ;) Uses lots of lookups to control the vis states. All dimensions including hearth are reflected throughout plan and elevations.

Chris.N
2007-04-04, 11:44 PM
Crafty wee block if i do say so myself ;) Uses lots of lookups to control the vis states. All dimensions including hearth are reflected throughout plan and elevations.OK, let me be the first to say.... That's HOT!! :)

Mr Cory
2007-04-04, 11:44 PM
Lmao cheers chris!

.chad
2007-04-05, 01:38 PM
OK, let me be the first to say.... That's HOT!! :)dang. that is one nice block. :beer:

Mr Cory
2007-05-18, 02:36 AM
Just an update, I have added the option for a through wall fire place.

It now has a grand total of 19 lookups controlling the vis states :shock: :lol:

SRBalliet
2007-06-05, 11:21 AM
Mr. Cory, we are slow here and still on 2006. I would like to see how you did it. Could you save back to 2006 please?

Chris.N
2007-06-05, 01:34 PM
Mr. Cory, we are slow here and still on 2006. I would like to see how you did it. Could you save back to 2006 please?could you please see HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=53958)and download the free conversion utility supplied by Autodesk? I would like to avoid multiple versions of files and/or the requirement of posters having to 'save down' for file sharing.
Thank you.

lance.accounts701837
2015-05-31, 09:46 PM
I have looked at the fire place block and learned quite a bit - I am stumped however as to how to apply it to my situation.

I have a block attached that has 9 visibility states, essentially 3 decision points and their permutations.

I wish to display them as 3 tables;
Table 1) 3Phase Motor; 1Phase Motor; Generic Equipment
Table 2) Disconnect; No Disconnect
Table 3) Starter; No Starter

note that I could get one table to control items in table 1 above, but when i made table 2 I got into trouble as it would not show once I left the block editor..

Any Help would be appreciated...

libbybapa
2015-07-01, 04:29 PM
Lance, the faux multiple-visibility effect of the fireplace block posted in this thread is done in a manner that is more complex than necessary. You can accomplish the same results more easily using single lookups for each selection point and one double lookup to pull them all together and switch the visibility state. In that method you need to add a lookup for each selection decision point. Each of those lookups should be set to control a parameter that will be used as input in the double-lookup. The double lookup uses one table for input (with each of the input properties from the selection lookups) and the other table for changing the visibility state. See attached.