PDA

View Full Version : Civil - Driveway Entrances (4 types)

KansasCAD
2007-04-06, 06:45 PM
Here are four types of driveway entrances that we use here in Kansas. The top 2 are for use with a 2'-6" Curb & Gutter. The bottom 2 are for use without curb and gutter.

You can stretch the width and length of drive and change the length of the centerline independently.

We normally build the driveway's to the right of way line, so you can grab the grip and snap perpendicular to the right of way line for the length. I have limited the width to our guidelines, but they could be changed to suit your needs.

There is also an align parameter so that it is always perpendicular to the roadway. (Does not work too well on curves).

There is also a flip parameter if it aligns itself on the wrong side of your edge of road. (Depends on which direction your line was drawn).

Daryl

Chris.N
2007-04-07, 02:18 AM
Here are four types of driveway entrances that we use here in Kansas. The top 2 are for use with a 2'-6" Curb & Gutter. The bottom 2 are for use without curb and gutter.

You can stretch the width and length of drive and change the length of the centerline independently.

We normally build the driveway's to the right of way line, so you can grab the grip and snap perpendicular to the right of way line for the length. I have limited the width to our guidelines, but they could be changed to suit your needs.

There is also an align parameter so that it is always perpendicular to the roadway. (Does not work too well on curves).

There is also a flip parameter if it aligns itself on the wrong side of your edge of road. (Depends on which direction your line was drawn).

Darylthis is an excellent idea!!! i may have to see about adding that one to my most used blocks. http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon10.gif