PDA

View Full Version : Civil - Concrete Pipe with End Sections

KansasCAD
2007-04-09, 05:57 PM
Hello,

Here are 2 of my "Civil" dynamic blocks.

The 1st one is "Culv-RCP" is Reinforced Concrete Pipe. (Round)
The 2nd one is Culv-RCPHE is Reinforced Concrete Pipe Horizontal Elliptical.

Both are based on standard sizes we use here in Kansas. You could change the sizes in the lookup tables if you need other sizes.

1. Insert the type you want on the layer you wish.
2. Use the look-up table to select the pipe size.
Note: Because of the complexity of the lookup table in stretching overlapping linework you need to pick the size that you want twice. I know this sounds like a pain (and I have one from fighting it) but until I figure out how to simplify it I am making due. If you select the lookup table and the size is set to "custom" then you need to select the size again. If it is set to a size then you are ok.

3. Use the grip to stretch the length you need.
NOTE: The length is in 2 foot increments because around here they make pre-cast lengths in 4', 6', and 8' lengths so keep that in mind.
4. The "Pay-length" dimension includes the length of the barrel portion of each end section. This length is different on almost all sizes of pipe, so I added this dimension on a "NoPlot" layer that can be turned off for plotting but the information is available to the Engineer or Designer. Again this is how things are done here locally.

I omitted a curved line that you normally see on the end section because of the complexity of all the stretches and trying to scale the curve. The overall size of the end section are accurate because we needed to know if we install two (2) lines of pipe side by side what the clearances have to be.

Let me know what you think,

(Just don't be too cruel)

Thanks,

Daryl

Mr Cory
2007-04-12, 01:48 AM
Very cool block, just 1 thing though, the lookup flicks to custom for every option apart from the first 1

KansasCAD
2007-04-12, 12:18 PM
Thanks,

I am still trying to work that out. The way is site now, if you click on the same size a second time, (I know it's a pain), then it will stay on that size. I have some kind of conflict because when you click on the size the second time the block "adjusts" itself to the final correct size. Any ideas?

I am almost ready to post a couple of corrugated metal pipes with end sections. They actually work correctly the first time. One big difference is that these do not have a wall thickness to mess with. I hope to get these posted today sometime. Then I will tackle tearing the concrete ones apart and trying to fix them. I have had the concrete done for some time and have learned a few new things since then.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Daryl

Mlabell
2007-04-17, 05:05 PM
The problem with your block is it isn't drawn to one of your exact values, the ID is 1.0002, which throws the whole thing off and changes it to custom. I did the same thing with one of my blocks, value wasn't exact and it always went to the custom first, then the selected size the second.

rgeorgiou
2009-11-30, 09:37 PM
I like your block and would like to use it, but I need a metric version.
Can anyone change this for a metric use.
I can email pipe sizes to use.
Thanks

jnoon
2009-12-02, 08:43 PM
If you have time you could just edit the table inside the block and scale on insert.

john