PDA

View Full Version : Rectangular to Round Transition Takeoff

mjdanowski
2007-04-10, 03:06 PM
Anyone know how to pull off a rectangular to round transition takeoff duct fitting? Everything I try ends in a mountain of errors, and I am unsure if this is even possible.

JoelLondenberg
2007-04-11, 02:03 PM
I'm unsure of what fitting you're talking about, can you post a hand or cad sketch?

mjdanowski
2007-04-11, 02:22 PM
I am not so much a mechanical guy, but my mechanical coworker is saying she essentially needs to tap a round duct off of a rectangular duct. (and in turn needs me to make the fitting)

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-11, 04:58 PM
Tapping off of a Rectangular Duct with a Round Duct will automatically insert a Round takeoff. The takeoff inserted depends on the Duct System Family that's used when you place the ducts. See the attached image.

Is your co-worker looking for a specific Fitting that's not included in the catalog, or is she just a bit confused as to what's possible in the program?

Kyle B

mjdanowski
2007-04-11, 08:45 PM
Tapping off of a Rectangular Duct with a Round Duct will automatically insert a Round takeoff. The takeoff inserted depends on the Duct System Family that's used when you place the ducts. See the attached image.

Is your co-worker looking for a specific Fitting that's not included in the catalog, or is she just a bit confused as to what's possible in the program?

Kyle B

nope, apparently our conical takeoff fitting is just broken....

I tried using that on a rectangular duct (as it is our default round takeoff) and just figured that it didn't work on rectangular duct "transitions." However, it seems that its just the duct is broken in all instances, including taps off of round ducts as well.

I keep getting a "this fitting has invalid connections" error message.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-11, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a problem with that piece of content. The content is fixed in the new release, which started shipping today.

In the interim you should be able to use other takeoffs during AutoLayout and then swap the fitting for the Conical Takeoff.

Cheers,
Kyle B

mjdanowski
2007-04-11, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a problem with that piece of content. The content is fixed in the new release, which started shipping today.

In the interim you should be able to use other takeoffs during AutoLayout and then swap the fitting for the Conical Takeoff.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Thats actually what I ended up doing, though still gave me some errors with the view settings (it would disappear and was befuddling me).

However, what is this about new release? I thought MEP was going to be the last one released like months from now?

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-11, 09:31 PM
Nope, we started shipping boxes today. You should get your copy within the next few weeks. I was waiting to announce the release until we've posted the web download of the new version. That should be within the next few days.

I'll be notifying everyone about the release and additional details in the next couple days.

Kyle B