PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP The END of XP Pro

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-11, 04:31 AM
http://p4.tech.re4.yahoo.com/blogs/null/25087

stusic
2007-04-11, 01:38 PM
Ah, everything's got to come to an end at some point. Two years is decent notice to give. Hopefully by that time, they'll have Vista working properly and I'll switch without sweating... Hopefully.

Railrose
2007-04-11, 02:24 PM
My work PC has been scheduled for replacement. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it since it will probably have Vista loaded.

stusic
2007-04-11, 02:38 PM
My work PC has been scheduled for replacement. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it since it will probably have Vista loaded.Your werk computer or your home computer? If it's the werk machine, embrace it and let the IT guys deal with the problems. ;) If it's your home computer, get it with XP.

Railrose
2007-04-11, 02:40 PM
Your werk computer or your home computer? If it's the werk machine, embrace it and let the IT guys deal with the problems. ;) If it's your home computer, get it with XP.
Work machine, but I don't want to give corp any ammo for making us change to carpstation. They are really pushing it & if ACAD has any snags for any reason, we get bumped.

stusic
2007-04-11, 02:57 PM
Work machine, but I don't want to give corp any ammo for making us change to carpstation. They are really pushing it & if ACAD has any snags for any reason, we get bumped.Like you'd have any less problems if you changed over... :roll:

Railrose
2007-04-11, 02:58 PM
Like you'd have any less problems if you changed over... :roll:
You know that & I know that, but corp is :screwy:

Steve_Bennett
2007-04-11, 06:41 PM
You know that & I know that, but corp is :screwy:If you go to the current version of AutoCAD, it's designed to be able to run in Vista...

But then again, we all know how that goes...

dzatto
2007-04-16, 06:10 PM
If you go to the current version of AutoCAD, it's designed to be able to run in Vista...

But then again, we all know how that goes...I'm running it on Vista, although I still have ADT2007 on my XP machine on another desk, just in case. :)

IT guy wants to blow that one out, though. So I guess it's now or never!