PDA

View Full Version : Improve the copy/paste functionality of markups in Design Review

jhohman
2007-04-13, 02:55 PM
Description: Since "upgrading" :( I have had Design Review abruptly error out on me and create an error report when I am trying to copy an existing markup from one sheet to the updated sheet. We use this feature to highlight changes made to the drawings.

How Used: Would keep the current session of Design Review functioning until I am done with my task.

Feature Affinity: Design Review would function more consistanly like Composer 2 did, never had the issue with Composer 2. Where can I find an installation for Composer 2, cause Design Review is not a stable program by any means, I guess the positive would be I didn't have to pay for non-functioning software.

scott.sheppard
2007-04-13, 06:24 PM
If you supply a sample, I can certainly log a defect report.

jhohman
2007-04-13, 06:27 PM
Well I had to complete the task so I'm not sure the file will do it again, but I will keep this request in mind and post up an example the next time I experience the issue. I thought the error report provided the detailed infomation of the issue.

scott.sheppard
2007-04-13, 06:29 PM
I need the file. We successfully copy and paste all the time. I need to see what you are doing to reproduce the crash.

jhohman
2007-04-13, 06:31 PM
I see, like I said, I'll provide a file in question the next time the issue occurs, shouldn't be too long of a wait!

To provide a more thourough description, after we revise a set of drawings (residential construction documents, 24x36 sheet), we put together a multi-sheet DWF containing all the sheets that were revised with a rectangular callout and rectangular text tag. Typically I create one and hand it to the project manager for his review. If I have any redlines to the revisions, I correct the drawing and re-DWF the sheets that changed, then open the original Multi-sheet DWF and drop in the updated sheets below the previous version. To save time I try to copy and paste the callouts to the updated sheet, it has always been upon pasting that the error report shows up and exits the DWF forcing me to start over again.

One last tidbit, I use standard Window accelerator keys (CTRL-C and CTRL-V) instead of right-clicking and selecting copy and paste, maybe that has something to do with it.