PDA

View Full Version : Revit MEP 2008 Released!

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-13, 07:24 PM
All,
I wanted to let everybody know that earlier today we began shipping copies of Revit MEP 2008 within the AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2008! There is also a product download available on our website at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=9262907.

This release is the culmination of a lot of effort on the part of the Revit MEP Product Team, as well as our partners at IES who collaborated with us to develop our unique link to their software. It represents a large leap forward in many aspects of the product, and hopefully you will all enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed designing, developing, testing, documenting, and marketing it.

I have attached a copy of the "What's New in Revit MEP 2008" PDF included with the install for everybody to look at if they're interested. Additionally, we have posted the completed set of Imperial tutorials that accompany the release on our website at:

www.autodesk.com/revitmep-documentation (http://www.autodesk.com/revitmep-documentation)

For those of you living in a metric world (I know that's most, someday us Americans will get with it) the Metric versions of the tutorials will be posted within a few weeks. I'll be sure to update everyone when that happens.

As with all new releases, please let us know what you think about everything, and be sure to report any problems you find to our Subscription Support team.

Enjoy!

Kyle B

mjdanowski
2007-04-13, 08:52 PM
cant you add wiring tags with Systems 2? Or are these enhanced a bit?

rafterman
2007-04-16, 12:05 PM
Downloading now and eager to use it!!! I didn't find it in the notes, but I am assuming that there is no way to save to previous versions. I can't wait to check out the fire protection systems feature. Is it finally possible to draw a black drafting line in any discipline other than architectural?

2007-04-16, 01:19 PM
Oh goody, it started shipping on Friday the 13th. <Doesn't hold breath>

kyle.bernhardt
2007-04-17, 10:52 PM
Downloading now and eager to use it!!! I didn't find it in the notes, but I am assuming that there is no way to save to previous versions. I can't wait to check out the fire protection systems feature. Is it finally possible to draw a black drafting line in any discipline other than architectural?Nope, no saving back to earlier versions....that's just not the Revit way, I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Unfortunately, no, that is a result of how the Hidden Lines are drawn in our graphics system, we are aware of it.

Kyle B

JoelLondenberg
2007-05-01, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, no, that is a result of how the Hidden Lines are drawn in our graphics system, we are aware of it.

Kyle B

Please, please, please, please fix the black lines thing.

mjdanowski
2007-05-01, 07:35 PM
Please, please, please, please fix the black lines thing.

what he said

2007-05-02, 08:25 AM
Please, please, please add some CONTENT!!!! Especially for the UK/Europe market.

Mottiqua
2007-05-02, 11:47 AM
Please, please, please add some CONTENT!!!! Especially for the UK/Europe market.

I agree, I have to set up for our overseas markets, and I'm finding it a little tough....
Word has it, that we're supposed to have some metric tutorials?????

2007-05-02, 12:21 PM
I agree, I have to set up for our overseas markets, and I'm finding it a little tough....
Word has it, that we're supposed to have some metric tutorials?????I've got a meeting today with a private company that are looking to provide some UK content, but it will come at a cost, which is that last thing you want after you have shelled out for new software and hardware upgrades to run it.