PDA

View Full Version : printing masses correctly

paul.meco
2007-04-16, 09:18 PM
I have a question about masses. I have created a couple of masses and they show up fine on screen, but when I go to print, they revert to wireframe and I can see everything beyond them, even though the rest of the model displays as hidden line. Does anyone know which setting I am not dealing with correctly? Thanks

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-16, 09:35 PM
what is your material set to?

Justin

paul.meco
2007-04-16, 10:10 PM
I believe that I have it set to a bronze material. Shows correctly in every other view except when I go to print?? Any help is much appreciated.

dgraue
2007-04-16, 11:06 PM
The "Show Mass" icon at the top of your screen does not affect the Visibility of the Mass category. Go to Visibility and be sure Mass is checked.

stefan.hokuf
2007-08-23, 02:27 PM
I discovered this same issue today. You have a couple of options to print your view with masses in hidden line projection.

First, simply print with Raster processing in the settings of the Print dialog box.

Second, turn on shadows through your Advanced Model Graphics dialog box. Or if you do not want shadows in the view, turn them on but in the AMG dialog box, set the shadow intensity to 0. That way the shadows are technically still on but 'invisible' in the view. Hope this helps-

Matt H
2007-08-23, 04:00 PM
I was my understanding that MASS's will alway print transparent... Reguardless of material applied. Convert the mass to a component, thats your best bet.

stefan.hokuf
2007-08-23, 10:20 PM
With or without a material applied- print with raster processing and you'll get a hidden line projection.