PDA

View Full Version : construct problem

larrydi123
2004-07-19, 03:54 AM
I have arch desktop 2004,
when I build a drawing In model space. set up the proper scales in drawing set up, copy my drawing to construct, To make up all my levels like first floor and so on It copys ok but all my scales are wrong like my walls will be 1/4" and not 6" walls and the wall length is set at like 2" and when I try to add a door for all the floors its so large no sure what heppened its worked just fine before. any sugestions would be great thanks

dkoch
2004-07-19, 11:53 AM
Any chance you are mixing imperial and metric templates? 6" to 1/4" is close to the ratio between inches and millimeters [25.4].

larrydi123
2004-07-19, 03:56 PM
maybe I will check

larrydi123
2004-07-20, 04:11 AM
I tried all of your suggestions so far it hasn't worked not sure what next I did notis in optios that my measurement options for metric or inches was set to metric but when I tried to change it it would not hold on inches it changed back to metric maybe I will need to redo all of my drawing and start over. I alsoo tried to copy the drawing to a different templete did'nt work any more suggestions would be great thanks

mjfarrell
2004-07-20, 05:55 AM
This should get you right with your units issue.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2860324&linkID=2476059
The other issues should also straighten out using the above method as well.

richard.binning
2004-07-20, 10:41 AM
There are two variables AutoCAD uses to set Metric versus Imperial. To ensure that your drawings are set for Imperial Units, check "measureinit" and "measurement". Make sure that each variable is set to zero (0) for Imperial units.

larrydi123
2004-07-21, 05:41 AM
I have tried all of your suggestions that all of you posted and nothing seems to work, its strange becouse I have used constructs before and it worked just great its strange, I changed all of the settings to inches and double checked all my settings before I copy to my construct file and they are all correct but as soon as I copy to construct it changes to metric in all fields in options and my drafting settings. I am using imperial templete stb for my templete. I tried to use some other templete but nothing works I hope I dont have to reinstall. Is there a way to reset all of my settings to its default

richard.binning
2004-07-21, 12:45 PM
I have tried all of your suggestions that all of you posted and nothing seems to work, its strange becouse I have used constructs before and it worked just great its strange, I changed all of the settings to inches and double checked all my settings before I copy to my construct file and they are all correct but as soon as I copy to construct it changes to metric in all fields in options and my drafting settings. I am using imperial templete stb for my templete. I tried to use some other templete but nothing works I hope I dont have to reinstall. Is there a way to reset all of my settings to its default
Hi Larry,

How about attaching your project file to this thread so we can look at it. Using windows explorer find your .apj file and post it here.

Thanks