PDA

View Full Version : Annotative Blocks - Match block orientation to layout

verns
2007-04-18, 08:59 PM
I have created our blocks as Annotative and checked on the Match block orientation to layout. If I use them in the drawing they were created in they work. If I WBlock them out to a drawing and store them on the network they no longer have the Match block orientation to layout property with them when I insert them into a new drawing. Is there a setting I need to change? Also I have noticed if I use Palettes to insert the blocks they are not Annotative any more unless they are already in the drawing. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Vern

.chad
2007-04-18, 09:13 PM
sounds like you are missing a setting in the block. check your block properties and make sure it is set to annotative. i just wblocked one of ours, and didnt have any problems keeping the annotation.

how are you creating your palettes?

verns
2007-04-18, 09:18 PM
I checked the Annotative and the orientation during the creation of the block. Then i WBlocked it out to a network directory. I created my palettes from the design center by right clicking and selecting create tool palettes from blocks. I dont know what I am missing.
Thanks
Vern

.chad
2007-04-18, 09:22 PM
I checked the Annotative and the orientation during the creation of the block. Then i WBlocked it out to a network directory. I created my palettes from the design center by right clicking and selecting create tool palettes from blocks. I dont know what I am missing.
Thanks
Verncan you post a block?

verns
2007-04-18, 09:27 PM
Here is an antenna block which should be set to Annotative and orientation with layout.
thanks

.chad
2007-04-18, 09:45 PM
when i opened the drawing it opened with just the objects, and no block in the drawing. it appears that in order to maintain annotative properties with a block, you need to nest it in a drawing.

verns
2007-04-18, 10:47 PM
I will give that a try tomorrow at the office.
thanks

verns
2007-04-19, 01:29 PM
Chad
Thanks for your help. Everything seems to be working now. It will be interesting to see if Eagle Point will be able to bring in the blocks in an annotative state.
Thanks again
Vern

.chad
2007-04-19, 09:51 PM
glad to help. :beer: