PDA

View Full Version : Rotating text within an element

prime8
2007-04-23, 03:29 PM
I have searched many threads and don't see this topic discussed. If so, I apologize. Specifically, in Revit MEP, when I insert a GFCI receptacle, the "GFCI" string rotates with the symbol. Is there a way to ensure that the text string is always oriented right side up? If not, how do you rotate the string of text within the symbol? I am sure this applies to other elements as well.

mjdanowski
2007-04-23, 03:45 PM
I have searched many threads and don't see this topic discussed. If so, I apologize. Specifically, in Revit MEP, when I insert a GFCI receptacle, the "GFCI" string rotates with the symbol. Is there a way to ensure that the text string is always oriented right side up? If not, how do you rotate the string of text within the symbol? I am sure this applies to other elements as well.

if you go under the family category box (where you specify that it is an Electrical Device) there are a few options that I always check to get it to do this.

Under the Recept family (model) check maintain annotation orientation.

Under the tag (annotation) family check "keep text readable" and rotate with component.

I am not sure exactly which one of these options does what you are looking for, but this combination has always achieved the result.

prime8
2007-04-23, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the response. I am having trouble finding the check boxes that you are talking about. I opened receptacle.rfa. I have gone to the "Family" Category on the design bar at the far left. Outside of this, I have not found the check boxes. Would you please clarify what the "family category box" is? Thanks.

dbaldacchino
2007-04-23, 07:05 PM
While in the Family Editor, go to Settings--> Family Category and Parameters.

Mottiqua
2007-04-24, 08:35 PM
maintain text orientation doesn't work either....that has something to do with the Z direction, and not X/Y...not quite sure exactly, but it doesn't do what we think it does.
As far as rotating the text, nope....doesn't work right now, adesk apparently knows about it, but bug 'em anyway