PDA

View Full Version : Plots incomplete ( HP + spooler )

Damo
2004-07-20, 10:12 AM
I’ve tried to plot a drawing sheet yesterday but am getting incomplete plots. Same thing is happening today.
First part of the sheet comes out OK but half-way through the plot some notes / annotations are only half plotted and towards the end of the sheet no notes / annotations are plotted.
Neither Title block text nor title block lines are plotted
Underlays are not complete either
But all the drawing plans, sections etc do plot right to the end, including hatches etc.

The end point for the stuff that is not plotting is not a straight line, some annotations are truncated yet annotations further on are plotted.

Any help appreciated.

Scott_Bloss
2004-07-20, 11:46 AM
1. What type of plotter are you using?
2. What is the file size being sent to the plotter?

Damo
2004-07-20, 12:00 PM
1. What type of plotter are you using? It's a HP430
A1 size B&W Plotter

2. What is the file size being sent to the plotter? Not sure what size the plot file is or how to find this out, but the project file is 5.8MB and I reckon each sheet contains about 10% of the drawing data.

sbrown
2004-07-20, 12:22 PM
That sounds like a memory issue with the plotter, try changing the setting under the printer properties(not in Revit, in control panel) to spool directly from machine. This is assuming you have a print spooler of some sort. How much memory does your HP have on board? Revits plot files can be quite large, I usually don't have issues with our hp1055 but do with Oce.

Damo
2004-07-20, 01:27 PM
That sounds like a memory issue with the plotter, try changing the setting under the printer properties(not in Revit, in control panel) to spool directly from machine. Thanks Scott. This sorted out my problem. (Should have worked this out myself!)