PDA

View Full Version : Printing Issues with Design Review 2008

sinc
2007-04-25, 03:16 PM
We've downloaded Design Review 2008 and really like it for some things, but we are finding that DWF files are basically useless for printing.

First problem is all the wipeouts are printing as big black blobs.

Second issue is that we can't send a full-sized print to our big plotter without scaling it to at least 99%, because Design Review insists on spreading a 100% plot over four pages.

Third issue is performance. I tried to plot a single page of one of our more-elaborate Civil-3D plats, and it blew up from a couple hundred KB to nearly 20MB in the print queue. After 10 minutes, the printer reported that it had processed 5MB of the plot. That's taking WAY too long, so I canceled it.

Anyone else running into issues like this? At first we were overjoyed at the prospect of using something other than PDFs, but so far we're finding DWF files to be a real disappointment. The PDFs are a pain to create, but we have better luck printing them. Some things frequently aren't exactly right in PDFs, but they seem to print much faster, and without the black blobs.

The Sweg
2007-05-11, 11:50 AM
Second issue is that we can't send a full-sized print to our big plotter without scaling it to at least 99%, because Design Review insists on spreading a 100% plot over four pages.

I think I can help you with printing to full scale on a plotter. We had the same issue and finally got it to work. Under the "Scaling and Alignment" section of the Print dialogue box, choose 'Scale' instead of 'Fit to Page', set scale to 100% and choose 'Clip Pages' instead of 'Tile Pages', when you do, the window below that will light up allowing you to choose 'Center in printer margins'. This is the only setting that we could use to fix the problem, and we've had no issues since.

Hope this helps!

drafting.33933
2007-05-15, 08:43 PM
I am also havig difficulty printing DWF's with mark-ups. The linework prints, but I do not get my notes to print.

vijay.murugan
2007-05-16, 06:19 PM
Can we have a couple of wipeout DWF's in which you have faced the problem. You can send those files to my mail id: "vijay.murugan@autodesk.com".
You can also send me the files in which you are experiencing bad DWF performance too.
We assure you that your file will be used only by Autodesk authorised internal professionals.
We appreciate using DWF and Thanks for writing to us.

Vijay

andre.faturi
2007-06-22, 02:15 PM
I am also havig difficulty printing DWF's with mark-ups. The linework prints, but I do not get my notes to print.

And Windows too.

I'm have the same problem. The Plot window in the Design Review should be the same of the AutoCad or Inventor.

Have some plugin ?

roger.maki
2007-08-22, 11:24 AM
We are having a problem with printing as well. When we send the DWF out to be printed all centered text is offset - placed as if it is left justified starting at the center location. The Level Text in elevation views also prints wrong, laying over the top of the datum mark.
Any thoughts

The Sweg
2007-08-22, 01:00 PM
Are you using any special font? Do you need to send the font file to the printer to have them install it on their system? I know the fonts are suppossed to be imbedded, but I usually have font issues if I send a DWF file to a computer that doesn't have my font installed. Just a thought.