PDA

View Full Version : Publish 2d dwf deaults to 8.5x11 page size - Revit 2008

Matt Brennan
2007-04-30, 06:15 PM
I do not know if anyone has run across this yet in Revit 2008 but I when Publishing to 2d dwf, when you set up your size of sheet you would like to publish to ie 24x36, after selecting ok, it goes back to the default 8.5x11. So if you click set up in the publish dialogue again, you will 8.5x11 has been defaulted.

I discovered this when I was trying to send out a high priority job to the repro graphics depot. At this point, I am unable to publish any jobs since I use different size of sheets rather than the typical 8.5x11.

Revit Developers, This needs to be resolved IMMEDIATELY perhaps with a new build/patch of Revit as it appears to be a bug in the software.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue in Revit Architecture 2008? I have seen this on all of our jobs here at the office and as well on multiple computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

david.kingham
2007-04-30, 07:06 PM
Mine defaults to <Use Sheet Size> even after I change it, I have a feeling they did this by design but it shouldn't be going to 8.5x11....

Matt Brennan
2007-04-30, 07:17 PM
Mine defaults to <Use Sheet Size> even after I change it, I have a feeling they did this by design but it shouldn't be going to 8.5x11....

Your right, it shouldn't be defaulting to 8.5x11. I even tried saving the plot settings and still it defaults/resets itself to 8.5x11.

With that said, in Revit 2008, unless you are ONLY plotting 8.5x11, dwfs are USELESS!!! I just do not understand how and why Autodesk pushes their dwfs but we are still having problems with it.

david.kingham
2007-04-30, 07:41 PM
Are you opening the dialog from a sheet view? I just figured out that if you open the dialog from any view besides a sheet view it will default to 8.5x11, if you open it from a sheet view it will default to Use Sheet Size, which works just fine

Matt Brennan
2007-04-30, 07:49 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for the work-a-round. That seems to work but that means you have to make sure you have a sheet open at the time of plotting. If you forget that step and you are on a tight deadline, you will run into some headaches.

I have been notified that this was an issue with the beta but was suppose to be fixed.

So using "use sheet size", do you think that scales the sheet?

Thanks again David,

david.kingham
2007-05-01, 04:05 PM
I agree it shouldn't work this way, we have a empty drafting view we use for batch plotting to help with performance, going to be some unhappy/confused users.

The Use Sheet Size forces the scale to 100% which is great so it will always print to scale

Glad I could help!

eanderson.117532
2007-06-29, 11:43 PM
I have the same issue with Revit always going back to 8.5x11 page size. The workaround seems to only work when you are publishing the current view. If I want to batch print selected sheets it will only print 8.5x11 sheets.This is a CRAZY bug to have. What good is printing 8.5x11 sheets? If anyone has any updated information please let me know.

Matt Brennan
2007-06-30, 12:20 AM
I agree it shouldn't work this way, we have a empty drafting view we use for batch plotting to help with performance, going to be some unhappy/confused users.

The Use Sheet Size forces the scale to 100% which is great so it will always print to scale

Glad I could help!

You have to be careful when publishing the sheets at "use sheet size". With your title block, in the family creation part of it, make your sheet using invisible lines. So for example, draw a 24x36 rectangle and that acts as your sheet. From there you can start to draw your title block with in the title block lines; make sure to offset the lines from the inviable lines so your title block doesn't get cut of due margin setting with in the plotter.

If you set this up properly, then you should be able to plot a scaled drawing. I found if your title block was bigger than a 24x36 by a couple of mm, you then could then screw up the scale of the the final plot. If this doesn't make any sense, please let me know.

The other draw back to this is the fact that we can not publish half sized plots at 50%. We would always send prelims at half sized so the dwf file could be sent by email.

JamesVan
2007-07-02, 02:57 PM
I have submitted this to Support and Autodesk acknowledges it as a bug. From further testing, it seems that upgraded files revert back to Letter size by default, but it sticks on <Use Sheet Size> when you create a new project using the 2008 template.

By the way, you can still use Publish 2D DWF, just make sure to change the Setup as the LAST thing you do before clicking Save to start the publishing. It does work, it's just annoying.

jdagen4
2012-02-22, 06:23 PM
Here it is 2012 - 5 years later and I am having a variation of the same problem. I like Revit. I hate Autodesk. They have done everything imaginable to discourage using PDF's in order to pimp their far worse DWF's. Typical.