PDA

View Full Version : New Poll !!! PDF or DWF......

christopher.zoog51272
2003-07-03, 01:14 AM
Since the DWF writer has been out for a while, I thought it would be a good time for a new Poll. So at the end of the day which do you prefer?

PeterJ
2003-07-03, 08:31 AM
I voted pdf, but only because as yet I have no-one to send dwf to. I don't think my print bureau is even accepting them.

J-G
2003-07-03, 07:50 PM
DWF is definitely the way to go.

1. It creates a smaller (and still clearer) document size. This helps for sending documents. I was using PDF for acad documents and then changed to DWF because I was having problems with the size - the difference is substantial.

2. DWF is CAD specific. PDF is great, but it wasn't created for CAD

3. The only problem may be compatibility, but the viewer is free and if printing companies don't support DWF they need to. There is no excuse. They need to adapt to their customers not the other way around. I do think however that Autodesk needs to start marketing DWF so that people know about it and aren’t afraid to use it – it is a great tool.

aghis
2003-07-16, 09:21 AM
I voted for DWF since files are smaller and more accurate.
Since DWF writer is out I would like to make a wish ! Being able to print to the DWFwriter from other cad or drawing programs. For example I use Corel (and some times Illustrator).

the only advantage of pdf is that is used from all types of applications

Steve_Stafford
2003-07-16, 10:19 AM
You can...CLICK ME TO SEE (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=102&highlight=dwf) You'll need to read down through...look for posts by Scott Davis.

aghis
2003-07-16, 11:28 AM
Ok, but my version ( I just dwonloaded it from autodesk) works only with Revit 5.1 not even ADT2004

Scott D Davis
2003-07-16, 01:48 PM
The DWF writer installs as a printer. From any application, you can select it as a printer, and produce DWF's. I printed this web page to a DWF, by printing from IE.

When Autodesk says "it works only with Revit" means that they has tested it and certified it to work with Revit. It works with all applications, although the results have not all been tested.

ajayholland
2003-07-16, 04:18 PM
Info from the AEV newsgroup:

Enrollment is currently underway for the Autodesk Express Viewer 4 Beta program. This new version of Autodesk Express Viewer will feature enhanced navigation and viewing capabilities including a thumbnail view, index list view and bookmarks. Autodesk Express Viewer 4 will also include API updates and usability enhancements.

http://betaprograms.autodesk.com/betaweb.htm

-AJH