PDA

View Full Version : Add Query Options to Import

dslamb
2007-05-07, 04:53 PM
Just saw the guidelines after posting....

Description: With the import function of Map 3D, I would like to be able to define a query at the same time. This way I can select features based on an attribute, and only import those features. Or if importing contours, to be able to alter the polyline properties and take an elevation attribute and assign it to the polyline's elevation, instead of having to do this after importing.

How Used: Anyone who has to work in both AutoCAD and other GISs for interoperability will appreciate the added bonus of importing with a query, or exporting with a query for that matter.

Feature Affinity: Other

If anyone knows how to do this already, I would like to know.

Thanks,
David

Jmurphy
2007-05-07, 08:55 PM
Just saw the guidelines after posting....

How Used: Anyone who has to work in both AutoCAD and other GISs for interoperability will appreciate the added bonus of importing with a query, or exporting with a query for that matter.

Thanks,
David
The FDO connection(s) was designed just for this purpose.

dslamb
2007-05-08, 03:38 PM
Wouldn't the FDOs be more for databases like ArcSDE, and maybe geodatabases (mdb)? But if you are working with shapefiles, or mapinfo files, or coverages, you would have to use the import function? I'm not familiar enough with the FDO stuff, so these are just questions.

Thanks for the response,
David

Jmurphy
2007-05-09, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't the FDOs be more for databases like ArcSDE, and maybe geodatabases (mdb)? But if you are working with shapefiles, or mapinfo files, or coverages, you would have to use the import function? I'm not familiar enough with the FDO stuff, so these are just questions.

Thanks for the response,
David
The FDO can do shape files and if there was enough interest in MapInfo I would say someone in the OSGeo community would come up for a provider for those too.