PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2008 Visual Styles - Show circular structure as circular not multi sided

robert.scragg
2007-05-10, 04:18 PM
I have a problem with the display in Auto Cad 2008 !

When in Paper Space I set the View port Visual Style to "3D Hidden" a circular structure is shown as being multi (approx 24) sided.

When I change the Visual Style to 2D Wire frame the structure is shown circular until I "Hide" the lines then it changes to being shown multi sided again.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I want to have circular structures shown circular and be able to show hidden lines in a different color/line-type.

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-10, 04:22 PM
Please note I have moved this to the AutoCAD 3D (2007 and above) forum.

jaberwok
2007-05-10, 06:25 PM
I have a problem with the display in Auto Cad 2008 !

When in Paper Space I set the View port Visual Style to "3D Hidden" a circular structure is shown as being multi (approx 24) sided.

When I change the Visual Style to 2D Wire frame the structure is shown circular until I "Hide" the lines then it changes to being shown multi sided again.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I want to have circular structures shown circular and be able to show hidden lines in a different color/line-type.

First, have you tried printing it? It may only be a display problem.

fhoffnar
2007-05-10, 07:47 PM
Open both the Properties and Visual Styles panel. Select the viewport, then under properties make sure 'shade plot' is set to 'as displayed'. Then go over to your Visual Styles panel, click in your viewport, and set it to '3d Hidden'. You should have no tessellation lines at this point.

JD Mather
2007-05-12, 12:56 AM
Might also try setting
viewres
facetres
dispsilh

robert.scragg
2007-05-15, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am still struggling to get a decent plot although things are looking better on my monitor.

These are my current settings

visual style - 3d Hidden
shade plot - As displayed
viewres - 20000
facetres - 10
dispsilh - 0

When I plot the drawing all I get is a "Rasterised " print.

Also the when we want to plot our Plotter Pen Settings don't seem to be reccognized.

On speaking to our suppliers/trainers we have been told that unless we use "Flatshot" to create views from our model then we are stuck with this sort of print.

This seem like a lot of messing arround to me .... Surely there must be a better way.

fhoffnar
2007-05-15, 12:19 PM
You're print preview will appear 'rasterized' as you describe, but the actual print should be normal (aside from no line types, and buggy viewports that scale when you zoom in).

I use SOLPROF, it's the best tool for paperspace layout in my opinion. You're not locked into defining layers for every single bolt as you are with FLATSHOT. It bacially creates two new layers a PV and PH layer each time you run the command. One is for visible lines, the other hidden. I screen back the hidden, and sometimes explode and further detail both layers.

moustafabaalbaki
2008-03-24, 01:58 PM
keep your current settings like that:

visual style - 3d Hidden
viewres - 20000
facetres - 10
dispsilh - 0

But instead shade plot is "As displayed" make it "Hidden" then u will get "vector" print and it is not important to use flatshot.

fhoffnar
2008-07-14, 02:38 PM
keep your current settings like that:

visual style - 3d Hidden
viewres - 20000
facetres - 10
dispsilh - 0

But instead shade plot is "As displayed" make it "Hidden" then u will get "vector" print and it is not important to use flatshot.

Is there any way to display hidden lines with this method? As a dashed line for example.