PDA

View Full Version : Basic AutoCAD mods

neilcheshire
2004-07-21, 11:18 PM
Hi
I have a question regarding modifying drawings using model and paper space.

I currently import architectural models of floors of buildings and detail features on indiviual flats. To do this I create new layouts with a viewport on each layout and view one flat on each layout, thus I have the model tab and numerous layout tabs representing the flats.

My problem is if the model is updated by the architect I then delete the existing model and copy the new model into the drawing. This however causes problems if any symbols/references they have used are not copied across also the new model will be supplied with a new border with updated numbers and revisions etc.

It would be easier for me if I could copy all the paper space layouts and information into the new model sent to me by the architect in one go. Is this possible?

I dont know if the above makes sense but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Regards
Neil

mjfarrell
2004-07-21, 11:25 PM
Yes Niel,

I would suggest that you start a new drawing,
whenever you get data that you XREF that information
into model space, to get their layout tabs, you can get them
by dragging and dropping using design center, or
right click on the layout tab, select From Template, change filte type to DWG
browse to the drawing you were just sent, and select them all
and pull the layout tabs in.
See my profile to chat on-line about what it is you really want to
do, and what the challenges are to this method.

neilcheshire
2004-07-21, 11:33 PM
Hi Michael

Going to sound a bit ignorant here, but what do you mean by 'See my profile' and what is the design centre. Dont know if I mentioned this but I am using 200oi. Does this make a difference?

Neil

mjfarrell
2004-07-21, 11:44 PM
Click my user name and view my profile
there you will find my various chat application user names.
As to design Center try hitting CTRL+2 and the design center will
launch. No fear, no question is too small!