PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Plan graphics/visibility

bclarch
2003-07-03, 04:37 PM
Foundation plans are normally drawn as if viewed from above, not cut as are floor plans. This allows brick ledges, depressed areas, anchor bolts, etc. to be shown. When I set the cut plane height for the view equal to the top of the foundation wall it displays as if cut. When I set the cut plane just above the foundation wall then the wall above (compound wall with brick veneer extended down to the foundation) shows up. Even though the visibility/graphics dialog box has a separate line for structural foundations they still turn off when I turn off the other wall check box to hide the walls above. The foundation walls are set to be structural and bearing so I don't know why they are not staying on when the structural foundation walls box is checked. Hide/Isolate is not permanent so manually turning off the walls above gets to be a pain. What obvious thing am I missing here? How can I set up the view properties and/or visibility/graphics to see the top of the wall without seeing the wall above?

sbrown
2003-07-03, 06:55 PM
Foundation walls are walls so they won't turn off, now what you can do is create a sep. workset for foundations, then cut through the first floor plans and turn off the workset that has your walls(above found) and then you will be looking down on your foundation wall below, just set the view range appropriately.

aaronrumple
2003-07-03, 09:20 PM
Foundation walls are walls so they won't turn off, now what you can do is create a sep. workset for foundations, then cut through the first floor plans and turn off the workset that has your walls(above found) and then you will be looking down on your foundation wall below, just set the view range appropriately.

...and a perfect example of why worksets are important even in a single user setup.

bclarch
2003-07-03, 09:39 PM
Thanks Scott. Worksets hadn't even occurred to me. (You're right Aaron, single user syndrome.) I am a little leery about getting started with worksets on this project (deadline approaching) but I will keep that in mind for the future. In the meantime I have turned off the coarse scale fill pattern and am drawing lines.