PDA

View Full Version : Civil Series Enabled Map 2004

dwoodson
2007-05-11, 05:48 PM
When I click on the icon (both the shortcut and in the programs menu) it takes me to Autodesk Land Desktop instead of the map enabled version. It has work in the past, but it just stopped working. How do I get it to go to the map enable version again?

sinc
2007-05-11, 11:24 PM
Ooooh, I had forgotten about that problem.

As I recall, it had something to do with loading the Land Desktop menus into Map. Once you do that, they stay, even after you shut down the program.

I can't quite remember how to get rid of it. I think it had something to do with MENULOAD. But it's been too long since I've used 2004. Maybe someone else has a fresher memory.

sinc
2007-05-12, 12:04 AM
I think it might have been:

Type MENULOAD. Then unload and reload ACADMAP.MNU.

jpaulsen
2007-05-14, 02:47 PM
In addition to what Sinc said, make sure you have two workspaces, one for Map and one for LDT. Do not include any elements from the LDT CUI in you Map workspace.

sinc
2007-05-14, 03:38 PM
2004 doesn't have workspaces.

Perhaps you meant "profiles"?

I seem to remember that's what we did - we actually saved our "good" Land Desktop and Map profiles to .ARG files, and then simply reloaded the .ARG files if they went amiss.

Starting with 2007, we don't even use seperate Map profiles, or even start up the "Land Enabled Map". All the Map commands we typically use now work in Land Desktop, and we typically have no reason to create special Map sessions anymore.

jpaulsen
2007-05-14, 06:56 PM
My bad. I forgot 2004 didn't have workspaces.

dwoodson
2007-05-16, 12:55 PM
I tried unloading and loading the map menu from the MENULOAD command...nada. Still loads LDT when I click the Map icon. Any other suggestions?

The main reason I use the map enabled program is for the SDI. I like to open several drawings at once without opening a new AC session. As far as I know you cannot set LDT to do this, at least the method I have tried doesn't work. The ultimate goal is to be able to batch plot several drawings at once without opening and closing each one individually. I had done this previously and then poof, one day I come in and it doesn't work anymore.

dlampley.41310
2007-05-16, 02:01 PM
tried exporting a map enabled profile from another pc that was working fine, then importing it into dwoodson's. Didn't work . . . unless I did something wrong. It still opens with SDI set to 3.

sinc
2007-05-16, 04:55 PM
What is the name of your Map profile?

It must match the name used in the shortcut you use to start Map. Check the Properties for your Windows shortcut. The "Target" should be set to something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Land Desktop 2007\acad.exe" /p "MapLandDevelopmentDesktop"
In this example, "MapLandDevelopmentDestkop" is the name of the profile, as seen on Options->Profiles.