PDA

View Full Version : MEP systems plumbing returns and supplies...

Rudy Tovar
2007-05-16, 10:26 PM
No problem adding those items and connections...but what is the link connector for?

Is it so that the supply line knows where to go from there?...to return...? and indicate direction of flow?

Further...going nuts trying to make multiple components connect with each other...

Example...pump to pipes, to chiller with two returns and two supplies, to pipes, to cooling towers...then back to pumps...cycle...

To keep my sanity why can't I get them to work...?

Sorry, can't upload files...too big...so what should I consider...what are the steps...?

Can anyone fly blind here?

Thank you.

mjdanowski
2007-05-17, 12:41 PM
No problem adding those items and connections...but what is the link connector for?

Is it so that the supply line knows where to go from there?...to return...? and indicate direction of flow?

Further...going nuts trying to make multiple components connect with each other...

Example...pump to pipes, to chiller with two returns and two supplies, to pipes, to cooling towers...then back to pumps...cycle...

To keep my sanity why can't I get them to work...?

Sorry, can't upload files...too big...so what should I consider...what are the steps...?

Can anyone fly blind here?

Thank you.

"Link Connector" means that the flow from connector A will transfer over to connector B within a system (Such as a fitting). What I think you want to do is have a supply and return from the same family, which means you will have to create two connectors, one for supply and one for return. Though I haven't messed with plumbing too much, with HVAC you set one connector as preset flow configuration and the other as calculated. The calculated flow will "add up" all the downstream preset flow, while the "preset" option is usually for the outgoing flow upstream.

Rudy Tovar
2007-05-17, 05:37 PM
Thank you for clarifying that for me...

Calling anyone who can answer the next few questions....

Thank you.