PDA

View Full Version : Change the text style for a multileader when you use a block for the content?

rmk
2007-05-17, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know how to change the text style for a multileader when you use a block for the content (ie: keynote). when you use mtext it allows you to select a text style, height and other parameters. i can't find where you change the text style for the block content. it appears to default to the standard or whatever style you copied. is there an option to pick the one you want.

rkmcswain
2007-05-17, 06:20 PM
Edit the textstyle in the block definition....

rmk
2007-05-17, 08:18 PM
Where are the user blocks stored for the user content in a multileader style. i have created a new user block in the dwg, but is doesn't show up in the drop down menu for blocks to be used. it shows up if i want to insert as regular block!!!

rkmcswain
2007-05-17, 10:48 PM
Where are the user blocks stored for the user content in a multileader style. i have created a new user block in the dwg, but is doesn't show up in the drop down menu for blocks to be used. it shows up if i want to insert as regular block!!!

Run the command MLEADERSTYLE
Select the style that you want to modify
Switch the to the Content tab
Under "Multileader Type", select "Block"
Under "Source Block", select "User Block..."
From the dialog that pops up, select your block.
Press OK
Press OK
Press Close.

rmk
2007-05-18, 01:13 PM
The problem is the block i created in the dwg doesn't appear in the list. Is there different location where these blocks are stored?

rkmcswain
2007-05-18, 01:25 PM
The problem is the block i created in the dwg doesn't appear in the list. Is there different location where these blocks are stored?

It does for me. Can you post the DWG in question?

rmk
2007-05-18, 03:10 PM
here is a simple dwg w/the keynote block inserted normally. when i try and access it from the pull down menu in content (multileader) it doesn't show up.

Also, if you use one of the default blocks and explode it. then do a search of the hard drive for the file, it doesn't show up anywhere. i don't know how to search for nested blocks, but it has to hiding somewhere.

rkmcswain
2007-05-18, 05:57 PM
Annotative blocks cannot be used in MLEADERs.

rmk
2007-05-18, 06:55 PM
Thanks. That was the problem. i recreated the block to not be annotative and it shows up in the list and works fine.