PDA

View Full Version : Annotation - Weld symbol

tiffany.amorgan
2007-05-17, 06:44 PM
This site has given me so much I'm excited to be able to give a little back.

Mike_S_Jones
2007-06-26, 12:37 PM
Very nice.

tedg
2007-06-27, 02:37 PM
In what version of AutoCAD was this created?
I have 2006 and can't open it.

Anyway you could save it down and post another one?

(I'd like to take a look at 'er)

Thanks

jstamnitz
2007-06-27, 06:46 PM
Thanks for posting! I've been trying to create a similar block for some time now, but have been unable to get the mechanics to work correctly until now. I did notice a few things though, when you flip the symbol to a right hand orientation, the weld size and pitch/length are reversed of where they should be. I handled this in my block by putting the flip on the midpoint of the reference line and only flipping the objects on the ends. The other thing I noticed is that the flip on the field weld symbol isn't really necessary because it always points to the tail end, but that's a very minor detail. Thanks again for posting, I couldn't have made mine work without you!

-Jon

tedg
2007-06-27, 08:24 PM
Thanks for posting! I've been trying to create a similar block for some time now, but have been unable to get the mechanics to work correctly until now. I did notice a few things though, when you flip the symbol to a right hand orientation, the weld size and pitch/length are reversed of where they should be. I handled this in my block by putting the flip on the midpoint of the reference line and only flipping the objects on the ends. The other thing I noticed is that the flip on the field weld symbol isn't really necessary because it always points to the tail end, but that's a very minor detail. Thanks again for posting, I couldn't have made mine work without you!

-JonVery nice!
thanks for sharing.

Chris.N
2007-06-28, 12:58 AM
In what version of AutoCAD was this created?
I have 2006 and can't open it.

Anyway you could save it down and post another one?

(I'd like to take a look at 'er)

ThanksTed, could you please refer to the sticky thread regarding the Drawing conversion tool? thanks!

tedg
2007-06-28, 12:32 PM
Ted, could you please refer to the sticky thread regarding the Drawing conversion tool? thanks!Hey Chris, yea, I had downloaded and installed the "DWGTrueConvert" program in the past, and I just tried it again. I still get the "invalid file" message. Is there something I supposed to be doing other than just trying to open the file?

What do you think?
Thanks,
Ted

Chris.N
2007-06-28, 12:37 PM
Hey Chris, yea, I had downloaded and installed the "DWGTrueConvert" program in the past, and I just tried it again. I still get the "invalid file" message. Is there something I supposed to be doing other than just trying to open the file?

What do you think?
Thanks,
Tedyou probably still need to re-download for the 2008 release version.

tjhernacki
2007-07-04, 08:03 PM
Hey I tried to down load and nothing, I thought all you would have to do is click the link. When I do I get a blank internet exployer page.

Mr Cory
2007-07-05, 05:06 AM
All the links work for me, keep blocking, you dont have popup blocked or anything else like that blocked? Crudy internet like we do here? lol

Chris.N
2007-07-05, 12:48 PM
Hey I tried to down load and nothing, I thought all you would have to do is click the link. When I do I get a blank internet exployer page.you should get a page that looks like this attached image. i purposely linked beyond the registration request, and have no idea other than either big-brother, or a blocker of some sort.

fkellogg
2007-07-06, 11:45 AM
To Ted G;
It sounds to me as though you are not completing the drawing conversion.
You must first open the True View program and go to File | Convert | and bring the drawings into there to convert them into usable format. You can convert several at at time using the "convert in place" option
Works every time for me, still stuck with 2006, but not complaining.

Frank

P.S.to Tiffany Morgan:
How's the cad world in my old home town of Fayetteville, Arkansas?

Chris.N
2007-07-06, 12:35 PM
To Ted G;
You must first open the True View program and go to File | Convert | and bring the drawings into there to convert them into usable format. You can convert several at at time using the "convert in place" option

Frank

P.S.to Tiffany Morgan:
How's the cad world in my old home town of Fayetteville, Arkansas?sorry Ted, i completely missed this. :beer: for Frank!

tedg
2007-07-06, 12:50 PM
To Ted G;

Frank

P.S.to Tiffany Morgan:
How's the cad world in my old home town of Fayetteville, Arkansas?Thanks Frank and Chris, some people need explicit directions (like me) ;).

Chris.N
2007-07-06, 01:40 PM
Thanks Frank and Chris, some people need explicit directions (like me) ;).I'm going to go into that thread and add the instructions. never know who else has had the same missconception!

nybecc
2009-09-10, 08:24 PM

-Jon

I was wondering I you could tell me the steps that you took to achieve this block I have been working on recreating this for 3 days now. I am new to this whole thing of creating dynamic blocks I have only made four to date. If so that would be great. Very cool block by the way.
Thanks

jtdonville
2010-02-26, 05:56 PM
This block gets broken in Civil 3d 2010. YMMV. If anybody has a workaround or 2010-developed block, I would be very grateful.

JTD

jnoon
2010-02-26, 09:13 PM
I gave up on the complex one dynamic block does everything and instead have resorted too very basic annotative/dynamic blocks that I select from the tool pallete as I need them.

It can actually be faster than selecting multiple menus from a single block especially if you make one or two that are preset for your most common configurations.

john

piajet33592
2010-10-15, 04:15 PM
No one that I have seen yet has mentioned the weld symbol tool in the 'basic' tool palette. There is no command in the CUI that I have been able to track down, and F1 is no help either. Either is design center.
It's a very useful tool. Ive been using it for years. it looks like a masonry square oriented like the letter 'L' and you have to look kind of close, but theres a blank weld symbol in there.
Click once on the icon in the palette, bring your cursor back out of the palette and into your drawing, then either right click and select enter, or just hit the enter key on your keyboard. Theres preset options you can dictate for frequently used configurations and once they are placed in the drawing, you can use the tool to edit whatever change you wish to make. (just don't change the layer that it gets generated on) Other than that, once it's placed, you can double click on any of the text, and you get an attribute edit manager if you want to edit nothing more than the text.
Too cool!
Tryyyyyyyy it, you'll liiiiiiike it!

nimrodisease
2011-11-25, 04:45 AM
I did not create this block; I found it on another site. But I thought I'd share the love.

clshade
2011-12-02, 07:25 PM
Methinks you found that over at the Autodesk Dynamic Block Forum where the Multi-Vis-State Lisp has been run to make this.

tiffany.amorgan
2012-01-03, 09:06 PM
I think I can make some great improvements to my symbol by looking at the one nimrodisease posted, nice. Thanks for sharing!

wrartes
2012-08-15, 01:23 PM
how I can split the arrow to have 2 segments