PDA

View Full Version : Revised revision dialog

Jshaver
2007-05-21, 03:40 PM
I would like the ability to turn off tags for specific revision but leave the clouds visible.
Custom naming for the revisions should also be allowed. Quite often architects are using a lettered system or a combination of letters/number. Sometimes the rfi# is used for sketches. Revit's current settings limit you to a succession of numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. I would like the revision number to be an editable parameter.

Edit - When placing a revision cloud I would like the option to define a box around an object and have it turn into a cloud. (Similar to the design review tools.) Creating each pair of arcs is very very time consuming and messy.

Edit - Allow selection of all clouds throughout the project for a specific revision. (enable "select all instances" for a revision type) Quite often the revision number will change before submitting and its very tedious to go through each plan/detail to change the clouds one by one. Cross windows do not work because even clouds that are turned off can still be selected :(.

troberts
2008-03-14, 06:55 PM
I agree completly!

I have drawings with clouds from three different revisons, all around the same area - messy!
I would like to turn off previous revision clouds and only show the current revision.
How can I do that?

Thanks, Tim

asaastad
2008-03-14, 08:20 PM
Since I've started using Revit I have always tried to stay away from the "such-and-such doesn't work like it does in AutoCAD" or "why doesn't it do this like AutoCAD" mentalities and just use Revit like you are supposed to, but when I first had to cloud a large amount of revisions my 1st thought when I started using the revision tool is "Why doesn't the clouding work at least similarly to AutoCAD?" It took me about 6 hours to put clouds on about a 20 page set of CDs that would have taken me about an hour to do on AutoCAD.

It would also be nice to set min and max lengths for the arc segments so that they are consistent. There are non-BIM work-arounds to to leave just the delta or just a cloud on. But having to draw every single chord, as mentioned above, is very time consuming as well as near impossible to maintain consistent clouds sizes without putting about 5x more man-hours into adding just clouds in comparison to AutoCAD where you just draw a line boundary that arcs are automatically placed along.

troberts
2008-03-14, 10:07 PM
As a clarification, I know that I can GLOBALY turn off clouds and / or tags, per revision, for the entire project, but what I want to do is turn off OLD clouds on a PER SHEET bases.
If I reissue an entire set after, let's say, Revision 4; some sheets were not revised in Revison 4 and I want the clouds and tags from Revision 3, or 2 or whatever is appropriate for that sheet to show in the new set.

gbarley
2008-05-06, 02:15 PM
You can set the drawing sheet to show:
Cloud and Tag
Tag or
Nothing
This can be done via the toolbar. Settings - Revisions - Show (column)
The revision notes will remain unless you "hide" the rev cloud then everything disapears!

Hope this helps. :o)

FOUTJM
2008-05-07, 01:13 PM
right click on cloud. hide in view>elements

gbarley
2008-06-04, 12:42 PM
The only problem with hiding the revision cloud element is that the text in the revision column hides too!