PDA

View Full Version : Residential perspective

Mr Cory
2007-05-22, 05:51 AM
Heres a residenial house i done yesterday.

Let me be first to open the criticism,

I needed to add proper corrugated profile and bump map for the roof,
Needed to continue the driveway,
I think something was wrong with the radiosity as one of the walls is shaded strange,

Whatcha think?

Mr Cory
2007-05-22, 05:54 AM
:opps: just noticed a wall is projecting through the roof :cry: dam

david_peterson
2007-05-22, 01:19 PM
Not sure if it was intended, but it looks like you have shadow lines along every roof edge. That's good on the ridge, but I'm not so sure about the eves. Nice work.

Mr Cory
2007-05-22, 08:29 PM
Yeah there is, i have the edge profile wrap back up over the roof slab to represent the barge flashing on elevations.

david_peterson
2007-05-22, 08:36 PM
Well as long as it was planned then I guess it's correct :)

Mr Cory
2007-05-22, 08:48 PM
Haha not necessarily...lol

.chad
2007-05-22, 08:55 PM
the trellis off the front looks out of place. if thats the rear, then why not continue it across the back and make a nice big porch?

your slab is also running through the middle of your garage door, and some of your walls have triangulated - not sure if thats just a byproduct of rendering in autocad or how they cleanup vertically or what. its been way too long since ive done any 3D work that wasnt in sketchup.

and from a total design perspective - that is a big garage. im sure its the dirty hippy in me lashing out at cars and the decline of the community in modern times - but im sure you could rearrange that a bit to create a more unified facade.

Mr Cory
2007-05-22, 09:01 PM
The pargola? It wraps around the front of the longe and along the west side. Now that you mention it does look a little weird lol but the client is always right

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-25, 04:36 AM
Something to improve - replace the car with an Evo.
Something that's great - the lady in the entry...

Otherwise great job. I had to laught though when you said you just noticed the wall poking thru the roof! I imagine something along the lines of "I hate it it when that happens" or "Not again!" were uttered...

Let's see an updated pic bro!

:beer:

Mr Cory
2007-05-25, 04:50 AM
Something to improve - replace the car with an Evo.
Something that's great - the lady in the entry...

Otherwise great job. I had to laught though when you said you just noticed the wall poking thru the roof! I imagine something along the lines of "I hate it it when that happens" or "Not again!" were uttered...

Let's see an updated pic bro!

:beer:
HAHA you sending me the Evo are ya Steve? ;)

Your close to what i said... ;) I think it was ".... it, thought id fixed that"

Update? hmm id better i guess, even though it wont be needed as its getting used to sell the plans and it will be printed out small

Steve_Bennett
2007-05-25, 05:00 AM
HAHA you sending me the Evo are ya Steve? ;)

Your close to what i said... ;) I think it was ".... it, thought id fixed that"

Update? hmm id better i guess, even though it wont be needed as its getting used to sell the plans and it will be printed out smallIf i had a spare evo to send, I would, but I'm fresh out...

Mr Cory
2007-05-25, 05:03 AM
Me too, i usually try to keep a spare one in my back pocket next to my kitchen sink and neddle n thread... sigh