PDA

View Full Version : Piping Connector Problem

brock.druschel
2007-05-23, 12:14 PM
I am working on the plumbing in a project that has a basement and 3 floors. I have fixtures in place on each floor that have piping connectors on each (hot water, cold water and sanitary). The 1st floor works how it should when drawing pipe from any of the fixtures (clicking on the fixture, right clicking on the connector and selecting draw pipe. Its the other floors i am having problems with. When i try to connect pipe to lets say a fixture on the 3rd floor the pipe starts on the 1st floor and rises up to the 3rd. The same thing happens on the second and the basement starts on the 1st and drops into the basement. So it seems the connectors are staying on the 1st floor no matter what floor the fixture is placed on.

mabrey
2007-05-23, 04:57 PM
Try right clicking on the appropriate connector and then draw pipe as normal, but then hit the space bar to bring the pipe to the current connector elevation and then click a second time to place the pipe. I'm guessing that the pipe is trying to draw to the previous elevation or "offset" as Revit likes to call it, that you used for the level 1 piping.

-Jon

Mottiqua
2007-05-23, 08:52 PM
Try right clicking on the appropriate connector and then draw pipe as normal, but then hit the space bar to bring the pipe to the current connector elevation and then click a second time to place the pipe. I'm guessing that the pipe is trying to draw to the previous elevation or "offset" as Revit likes to call it, that you used for the level 1 piping.

-Jon

Brock and I tried that. When we hit the space bar, it would revert back to the 1st floor (ex, it would put it at -22') the only way we found to do it, was to manually put in the offset, but if we hit the space bar it should automatically find that connector....it is, but then its dropping the pipe 20 some feet. no clue what we're doing wrong.