PDA

View Full Version : Non-rotation of plan labels on a plan and profile sheet

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-06-05, 01:55 PM
Problem:
Creating Plan & profile sheets using referencing, I rotate the plan view port to coincide with the profile. Of course this makes all labels rotate causing text conflicts, however if I moved the labels around in the reference files, it fixes the text conflicts in the plan view of plan and profile, but cause text conflicts in the regular plan sheet. Suggestions? Is there a way to stop the automatic rotating?

Thanks

MHultgren
2007-06-06, 12:47 AM
Hi Capt.
If you go into your label settings, you can turn off label rotation in the General tab.

brian.hailey933139
2007-06-06, 02:54 PM
Another option is to use different files for the different sheets. Data reference in your alignments, profiles, surfaces, etc. and then label away. It may not help on this particular project but may for future projects.

jpaulsen
2007-06-06, 05:15 PM
We have been doing our labeling in the sheet (plan and profile) drawings as Brian described and it works well for us.

MHultgren
2007-06-06, 06:07 PM
Hi Jeff,
Have you been using '08 yet? Been playing with the Plan Production tools? I have found that they don't play well with Data shortcuts after you create the sheets, but you can copy the data to the sheets in the creation process. You have to watch the Pipe Network label switch though, or you end up with duplicate labels from your Base file.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2007-06-06, 06:40 PM
Another option is to use different files for the different sheets. Data reference in your alignments, profiles, surfaces, etc. and then label away. It may not help on this particular project but may for future projects.

Thanks Brian & Jeff

I had suggested this to my boss and he was a little apprehensive, now I got some common opinions. I think I can convince him that what we need to do

and Thanks Mark,
I knew that i was not thinking.

jpaulsen
2007-06-06, 08:18 PM
Mark,

No I have not tried the plan production tools yet. We should be starting our first project on C3D 2008 in about a month or so and I plan on using this feature. I will heed your warnings.

Thanks,

Schellingerk
2008-12-19, 08:07 PM
I've battle the label overlaps as well. I generally set up odd and even page label layers and turn off the odd labels in the even sheet viewport and vice versa

Coolmo
2008-12-19, 09:17 PM
If you have to (or want to) use just one drawing for this you could set up a new style that puts the label text on a different layer and then viewport freeze the one you don't want to see inside each viewport. I'll do that if I have a weird break in plan view for a sanitary sewer outfall whereas I need to label the manhole twice, one for each plan view, and I don't want the tail end of the leader for the other label showing up in the viewport. Quick and dirty but it works.

dhannen
2009-01-08, 04:31 PM
on my plan and profile sheets there is a grayed out area after the original stationing i had for the profile ends on the plan view part of the sheet, how do i get rid of this?

after i change my profile stationing part of the plan view is still grayed out

dhannen
2009-01-08, 05:14 PM
also i need to know how to change my view frames do i do it in the base drawing that the plan and profile sheets are referencing?

dhannen
2009-01-12, 07:13 PM
disregard the above