PDA

View Full Version : Hiding a surface..

CADiva
2007-06-19, 06:16 PM
I've done some research on this one but not happy with any of the results so far...

I'd like to hide just the existing contours that are in a pond and show the surrounding contours and the proposed contours. I tried using the hide inner boundary but it hides the area on every sheet. I've tried the AECPOLYGON commands but when I print it, it still prints the existing contours but does allow me to hide and show the existing contours if I want, just won't let me print it that way. (YES...YES... I even did the draw order as the instructions suggested, but it didn't work.) Did I miss something on this? Anyone else have any suggestions?

justin.d.ehart
2007-06-19, 06:30 PM
You can always use the convertlineworktomaskblock command. Its pretty handy.....

Follow me.... (http://cadcafe.blogspot.com/2007/05/mask-just-one-object.html)

I am not sure that I would use this, but its an option.

-justin

MMccall.83699
2007-06-20, 02:09 AM
Hmmm, copy the surface, add a 'hide inner' boundary to one and a 'hide outer' boundary to the other. That should allow you to control the visibility of the inner pond contours as those contours will be from a separate surface with separate visibility.

Another option would be to paste the current surface into a new surface and place a hide inside boundary to that surface only. That would give you two surfaces, one dynamically linked to the other, where one contours the pond and the other does not.

CADiva
2007-06-20, 01:07 PM
Wow... I feel like I'm having a duh-Diva moment... the two surfaces is a good idea... and I'll try it as well as the new command. Thanks ya'll!! I'll let you know which one seems to work the best with it.

CADiva
2007-06-20, 01:31 PM
O.k.... I tried the new command and it didn't hide the surface. I tried the two surfaces and it worked but I would rather have just one surface for the pond rather than two. So I thought about what I did yesterday using the AECPOLYGON command and decided that my problem was in using a layer that was a no-plot layer. So instead I put it on the C-TOPO-BNDY layer and went into the style editor for the AECPOLYGON and turned the visibility off for the style. All that was left to do was make sure the draworder was right for the surface and the polygon. (Not crazy about using draw order but I finally got what I wanted...) Thanks for all the help guys.

brian.hailey933139
2007-06-22, 02:09 AM
Have you tried using the convertlineworktomaskblock command? I haven't tried it for a surface but I would think it would work. I wrote about it on my blog: http://cadcafe.blogspot.com/2007/05/mask-just-one-object.html