PDA

View Full Version : Re-Ordering Flyouts

BrenBren
2004-07-28, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the order the icons are listed on fly-outs? I have one that I use all the time, but the particular button I want is the 4th one down the list. If I could move it to the top, I could select it while still having the ability of holding down the button to expand the flyout to choose something else.

I remember way back when (maybe in 13), the last used button on a flyout would move to the top and remain there until you used another one.

Hmm...maybe I should hit the wishlist.

See attached photo for a better explanation (I hope)

mjfarrell
2004-07-28, 06:16 PM
Sure just edit the menu file.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2896454&linkID=2475323

This document might suggest that it can be none as in normal menu
customization. Only you will want to edit your APPNAME.mns file
and look for the menu heading and or toolbar name that you want to edit.

Glenn Pope
2004-07-28, 06:18 PM
Look in the mns file. Find the toolbar with the button.
Ex.(From the Insert button in the Draw toolbar in the acad.mns)

ID_TbInsert [_Flyout("Block", RCDATA_16_BLOCK, RCDATA_16_BLOCK, _OtherIcon, ACAD.TB_INSERT)]See at the end the TB_INSERT. That is the name for the menu group that contanes the button in the flyout.

Ex.

**TB_INQUIRY
**INQUIRY
ID_TbInquiry [_Toolbar("Inquiry", _Floating, _Hide, 100, 170, 1)]
ID_Dist [_Button("Distance", "RCDATA_16_DIST", "RCDATA_16_DIST")]'_dist
ID_Area [_Button("Area", "RCDATA_16_AREA", "RCDATA_16_AREA")]^C^C_area
ID_Massprop [_Button("Region/Mass Properties", "RCDATA_16_MASSPR", "RCDATA_16_MASSPR")]^C^C_massprop
[--]
ID_List [_Button("List", "RCDATA_16_LIST", "RCDATA_16_LIST")]^C^C_list
ID_Id [_Button("Locate Point", "RCDATA_16_ID", "RCDATA_16_ID")]'_id In this group you can rearrange the buttons in the order you want.

BrenBren
2004-07-28, 06:36 PM
Look in the mns file. Find the toolbar with the button.
Ex.(From the Insert button in the Draw toolbar in the acad.mns)

ID_TbInsert [_Flyout("Block", RCDATA_16_BLOCK, RCDATA_16_BLOCK, _OtherIcon, ACAD.TB_INSERT)]See at the end the TB_INSERT. That is the name for the menu group that contanes the button in the flyout.

Ex.

**TB_INQUIRY
**INQUIRY
ID_TbInquiry [_Toolbar("Inquiry", _Floating, _Hide, 100, 170, 1)]
ID_Dist [_Button("Distance", "RCDATA_16_DIST", "RCDATA_16_DIST")]'_dist
ID_Area [_Button("Area", "RCDATA_16_AREA", "RCDATA_16_AREA")]^C^C_area
ID_Massprop [_Button("Region/Mass Properties", "RCDATA_16_MASSPR", "RCDATA_16_MASSPR")]^C^C_massprop
[--]
ID_List [_Button("List", "RCDATA_16_LIST", "RCDATA_16_LIST")]^C^C_list
ID_Id [_Button("Locate Point", "RCDATA_16_ID", "RCDATA_16_ID")]'_id In this group you can rearrange the buttons in the order you want.
Excellent!!! Thanks!!!!