PDA

View Full Version : OLE object cannot be unselectable.

jfujiwara
2004-07-28, 08:14 PM
Hi. I've been problem with OLE objects (Excel sheets) pasted on to paper space.
A drawing file that has five layouts, (Layout1, 2, so on) and each layout has one or more Excel sheets that were pasted in the paper space.
This is what happened to me.
I was trying to pick an Excel sheet on Layout1, and AutoCAD could not pick that sheet, but it picked an Excel sheet, which set not to be selected able on Layout 3.
Even though I made those sheets not to be selected, other than I need to pick, AutoCAD picks all Excel sheets when I click the area where sheets are located, even though their layout were not active.

It did not happened before, but we got new computers, and some setting or variable may change to default state, but I'm not sure about this.

Does anyone have idea how to fix this?
We run AutoCAD2002 on Windows XP.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thank you

Mike.Perry
2004-07-28, 09:05 PM
Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS45002 - OLE objects are selected in all layouts (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2873470&linkID=2475323)

Please note, the above offers a solution that I think you're already implementing.

If you have no joy, you could post the drawing file + OLE objects here so we can take a look.

Have a good one, Mike