PDA

View Full Version : Custom Arrow Heads on Slope Labels

CADiva
2007-06-21, 06:43 PM
I can't seem to find where the list for the arrow head style of the direction arrow is located. The ones in the list come close to what I want but just don't quite make it... I know I could make it work if I could find a way to rotate the arrow head while using the datum triangle filled, but there isn't an option for it. If I could find the list maybe I could figure out how to add an arrow head style to it that looks exactly like I want. Any ideas?

MMccall.83699
2007-06-21, 07:09 PM
I don't know where the list of arrow heads come from nor where they're defined (could be hard coded into the core product) but, I did stumble across a way to redefine one of them. I noticed one day when I was trying out different things with label styles that when I used the 'Oblique' arrow head in a style that a block appeared in the list of blocks used in the drawing with a similar name. (_oblique) Just for fun I redefined the _0blique block with some of my own creating and sure enough, the label style used it. This may work with other arrow heads on the list as well, so you could choose an arrow head that you don't normally use, redefine it, and use it as your user defined style. You'll just have to remember that the name has to stay the same and that the name may not describe the arrow you've created very well.

CADiva
2007-06-21, 08:18 PM
m(__)m ... <~~ BOWING DOWN

Thanks!!!

MHultgren
2007-06-22, 05:29 AM
If you open the NCS extended DWT and go to General - Multi purpose Styles, Marker styles, and edit any of your choices, you will see a dialog near the bottom left in the Marker tab If you select the Radio button next to Use AutoCAD Block symbol, you can find the names of the different arrowhead blocks, You can then insert one of these you want to modify, edit it in the block editor and then choose it for your labels.

MMccall.83699
2007-06-22, 04:39 PM
I hereby pass CADiva's bow on to you .... I was't worthy of it anyway :o)