PDA

View Full Version : Countour by elevation?

xstat21x
2007-06-22, 02:46 PM
I need to add a countour to my existing surface at elevation 120.54 to represent a flood line. Is this possible?

xstat21x
2007-06-22, 02:46 PM
By the way, I'm using Civil3D 2008.

MMccall.83699
2007-06-22, 04:30 PM
I'm using 06 but the process should be pretty similar.

First, edit your surface style and make sure it set to display 'user contours'. Then, go to the surface properties, analysis tab, and choose an analysis type of 'User-define contours. Set the range to 1 and press the blue arrow. Edit the elevation of the contour entered in the 'range details' area (lower portion of the dialogue box). Then, 'ok'.

hope this helps.

CADiva
2007-06-22, 05:26 PM
The user contours also works great for volume contours too when you need to show a base contour like when doing dredging and you need to show a contour at the limits of dredging and that contour is the basis for that limit... (hope I didn't lose my train of thought there...) anywho... it also helped me be able to pull a bounded volume based on that contour when you copy and explode the surface showing just that contour and the boundary then trim it up pretty like and then play connect the plines and viola'... (might be an easier way to do it but it worked for me!)

xstat21x
2007-06-22, 06:21 PM
I'm using 06 but the process should be pretty similar.

First, edit your surface style and make sure it set to display 'user contours'. Then, go to the surface properties, analysis tab, and choose an analysis type of 'User-define contours. Set the range to 1 and press the blue arrow. Edit the elevation of the contour entered in the 'range details' area (lower portion of the dialogue box). Then, 'ok'.

hope this helps.

Perfect! Thank you very much.