PDA

View Full Version : UNION making objects disappear

george.arq
2007-06-26, 03:06 PM
Hello,
I had a long time ago some problem with command UNION. Now a friend had the same problem and i couldnt explain him what happened.
the problem:
When I use the command to union objects, some of it simply disappear without apparent reason .

I dont remember what mesage appears in command line, but ill check and return.

Thanks

jgrande26
2007-06-26, 07:34 PM
Post a drawing that has this problem so we can see what you mean.

ronie_ernanto
2007-06-27, 01:03 PM
I had that problem too, but it just sometimes came up, i guess 1 out of 1000 every I do union command. Still don't know what happen,but the only I can do is drawing from the beginning again.

arshiel88
2007-06-27, 06:24 PM
If my memory doesn't fail me, its a null-object created error, am I right? yes It happens very rarely, and only on complex objects that already undergone some solids operations. (union, subtract, intersect, etc.)

ronie_ernanto
2007-06-28, 12:30 PM
If my memory doesn't fail me, its a null-object created error, am I right? yes It happens very rarely,
I guess it's so

and only on complex objects that already undergone some solids operations. (union, subtract, intersect, etc.)
Sometimes it happen too with a simple object eg a box

george.arq
2007-07-05, 09:47 PM
Arshiel, exactly..

oh right, its real rare, it happens to me one time only

I just found my 'problem drawning' and i edit this picture to show u guys exactly wats happening.
see jpg link:
http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=threadunionaugipv9.jpg

george.arq
2007-08-11, 03:06 PM
nothing? :(

arshiel88
2007-08-11, 06:53 PM
I will give you some of my solutions to try but since this a program error, there is no guarantee this will solve your problem.

1. Sometimes, a very big scale model results in points too far from the origin. I had this experience one time that I can't even extrude an object by 100,000 units.
Solution: I would recommend modeling in meters(1 acad unit=1 meter) instead of 1 acad unit=1mm. and try to start modeling from the origin.
2. If the problem is due to complex geometry within the drawing, try copying the object and paste it in a new file and try the operation there.

I hope it will solve your problem, if not, just let it go. Treat it as a glitch. :)

JD Mather
2007-08-11, 07:24 PM
nothing? :(

You need to zip and post a dwg file that exhibits the behavior. I would not bother to hazard a guess (and it would be a guess) without a file.

Temo Arevadze
2017-10-23, 06:01 AM
Hello,
I had a long time ago some problem with command UNION. Now a friend had the same problem and i couldnt explain him what happened.
the problem:
When I use the command to union objects, some of it simply disappear without apparent reason .

I dont remember what mesage appears in command line, but ill check and return.

Thanks

See https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-File-Corruption.html
In my case helped PURGE command