PDA

View Full Version : Stay User Contours... Stay... No, Bad User Contour... Stay

CADiva
2007-06-28, 01:14 PM
Has anyone else found that when using the user contours that it often times after going through and making the changes to the linetype, color, and lineweight that they will all change or sometimes that the ones directly below it will take the same settings? I have also noticed that the one user contour I change to a thicker linetype so it is bolder will revert back to the bylayer setting rather than to what it was set. Hmmm... may need to visit the wish list so we can get more control over these features.

MHultgren
2007-07-03, 01:19 PM
Hi Diva,
Are you setting overrides on your individual contours or changing the actual User Contour Style? In your Style for User Contours, are the settings ByBlock or ByLayer?

CADiva
2007-07-03, 01:40 PM
Hi!

I thought I had them all set for bylayer, but that is one of the things that doesn't stick either. I set it up so that all of my negative contours would show up red with a solid line and be bylayer (linewidth) and the positive ones to be dashed, green, and bylayer (linewidth) and the zero contour white, solid, and a 0.50 linewidth so it would stand out. However when I change the zero contour all of the contours listed under it took on the same settings. (Usually didn't see that they had until I did a plot preview or turned on the lineweights to check it.) Once I went back in a reset them (each one yet again), it would hold the settings at least until the next plot, when again the zero would revert back and need to be set again.

I did check the overrides and they are checked, so I unchecked them but that doesn't stay either. So I'm not sure where the exact problem is... and I try to keep everything bylayer in the styles.

It's not a big deal since I am aware that I need to check it before plotting, but it would be nice to know that setting would stay in case someone else was plotting the set.