PDA

View Full Version : Command line lisp won't work

tsigler
2004-07-29, 06:58 PM
I work for a CAD service bureau. Occasionally I will get a drawing that won't execute a command line lisp instruction. I have two tool buttons set up, one to switch me from paperspace to model space and set the ltscale to 1/3 the dimscale, the other to switch back to paperspace and change the ltscale to 0.33. Normally I have no problem with these but every so often I will get a file where they won't execute. The code appears on the command line but doesn't execute.

Is there a setting (or combination of settings) that causes this?

My code is
(command "ltscale" 0.33334)(command "tilemode" "0") to switch to Paperspace
(setq x (getvar "dimscale"))(command "ltscale" (* x 0.33334))(command "tilemode" "1") for Model space

TIA

bbapties
2004-07-29, 07:08 PM
I have a similar made button but I use it to fix my ltscale and psltscale....for some reason every once in a while it will not work unless I zoom in on the drawing a little??? almost like its a video card problem.... My line will look continuos unless I zoom in on it and then hit my button..... Makes no sense.....

JASONM30395
2004-07-29, 08:22 PM
Try adding a forced regen at the end of your code.

bbapties
2004-07-29, 08:28 PM
I do have one on mine....

jwanstaett
2004-08-02, 02:25 PM
I have a similar made button but I use it to fix my ltscale and psltscale....for some reason every once in a while it will not work unless I zoom in on the drawing a little??? almost like its a video card problem.... My line will look continuos unless I zoom in on it and then hit my button..... Makes no sense.....
no your viewres is set low

note:
VIEWRES controls the appearance of circles, arcs, ellipses, and splines using short vectors. The greater the number of vectors, the smoother the appearance of the circle or arc. For example, if you create a very small circle and then zoom in, it might appear to be a polygon. Using VIEWRES to increase the zoom percentage and regenerate the drawing updates and smooths the circle's appearance. Decreasing the zoom percentage has the opposite effect.

richard.binning
2004-08-02, 04:19 PM
no your viewres is set low

note:
VIEWRES controls the appearance of circles, arcs, ellipses, and splines using short vectors. The greater the number of vectors, the smoother the appearance of the circle or arc. For example, if you create a very small circle and then zoom in, it might appear to be a polygon. Using VIEWRES to increase the zoom percentage and regenerate the drawing updates and smooths the circle's appearance. Decreasing the zoom percentage has the opposite effect.
Are you launching some drawings from the 'history" list at the bottom of the file menu? there is a known bug with lisp not being correctly initiated in these files.

Workaround: Type "()" without the quotes at the command line and hit enter. Then try your tool bar or custom macros. They should work at this point.