PDA

View Full Version : Lines in MEP

david.metcalf
2007-06-29, 10:20 PM
I am sure this has come up in previous threads, but it seems all line work drawing in MEP reverts to grey scaled ground lines as if the lines were drawn in architectual views. No matter if the lines are drawing in any of the MEP views. How are 2D linework drawn to plans? Off hand I am thinking I need to over lay architectal view over MEP views to add clarity to the MEP plans. What are other folkd doing to draw line in place of over modeling?

Thanks

mjdanowski
2007-07-02, 02:05 PM
I am sure this has come up in previous threads, but it seems all line work drawing in MEP reverts to grey scaled ground lines as if the lines were drawn in architectual views. No matter if the lines are drawing in any of the MEP views. How are 2D linework drawn to plans? Off hand I am thinking I need to over lay architectal view over MEP views to add clarity to the MEP plans. What are other folkd doing to draw line in place of over modeling?

Thanks

Yeah, lines are considered architectural elements and therefore and halftoned under electrical/mechanical and/or plumbing discipline views.

Send an email to Kyle, I figure if we spam his inbox enough there will be an emergency patch.

:) :beer:

kyle.bernhardt
2007-07-02, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately we can't add new functionality in between releases. That darn SEC and it's Revenue Recognition accounting laws...it will have to wait till next Spring's release.

This one's certainly on our Radar Sceen for the release. It lives with a few others in the "Acute Pain Point" category.

Cheers,
Kyle B

mjdanowski
2007-07-02, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately we can't add new functionality in between releases. That darn SEC and it's Revenue Recognition accounting laws...it will have to wait till next Spring's release.

This one's certainly on our Radar Sceen for the release. It lives with a few others in the "Acute Pain Point" category.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Nice!

Now I need to find something else to complain about....
And no :beer: ? Or is it too early on a Monday?

Mottiqua
2007-07-02, 03:52 PM

Thanks

Anytime we're using lines, we're using the architectural view...no way around that one

mishfradkin
2007-07-02, 10:26 PM
I've been playing around with this, using both model lines and detail lines, because we're considering trying Revit on a small fast-paced project and we want to make sure we have a way to "cheat" and quickly draw symbolic fire dampers or thermostats if we don't come up to speed fast enough to create the content.

Here's where I'm confused:
I can make a model line thick, but ducts always show up on top of it if I'm in a Coordination discipline. Detail lines will show up over the ducts, but they don't show up thick. Both are grey in mechanical view, so I'm using the Coordination discipline, and then the architect's linked background isn't half tone anymore (which I definitely want it to be). I checked the "half tone" boxes under VG for the linked view, but nothing changed.

I'm also wondering if I'm barking up the completely wrong tree...should I be looking into creating symbol families instead? What have you done in a pinch and what are you currently using lines on your plans for?

Many thanks!

Michelle

mjdanowski
2007-07-03, 12:26 PM
I've been playing around with this, using both model lines and detail lines, because we're considering trying Revit on a small fast-paced project and we want to make sure we have a way to "cheat" and quickly draw symbolic fire dampers or thermostats if we don't come up to speed fast enough to create the content.

Here's where I'm confused:
I can make a model line thick, but ducts always show up on top of it if I'm in a Coordination discipline. Detail lines will show up over the ducts, but they don't show up thick. Both are grey in mechanical view, so I'm using the Coordination discipline, and then the architect's linked background isn't half tone anymore (which I definitely want it to be). I checked the "half tone" boxes under VG for the linked view, but nothing changed.

I'm also wondering if I'm barking up the completely wrong tree...should I be looking into creating symbol families instead? What have you done in a pinch and what are you currently using lines on your plans for?

Many thanks!

Michelle

If it is a symbol, use an annotation family and/or a model family itself. Model lines have a physical plane, so when you place then and then place something over them then they will show up cut.