PDA

View Full Version : Callouts empty

noah
2007-07-06, 06:22 PM
Just exploring Sheet Sets for the first time. We're on ACAD2005. I went through the tutorial and everything worked fine. Now I'm trying to setup our own titleblocks to work with sheet sets.

What I did was copied the example .dst file along with the .dwt file it references onto our server where we keep our project files. My plan is modify the titleblock to look like ours. Once I opened this .dst file it seemed to automatically know where all the Callout, Titles, resources, etc. are located within the Properties window of the Sheet Set.

I created a new sheet - no problem.
I added a view to that sheet - no problem
I tried to place a call out on the sheet that references the view - PROBLEM!!!

The callout is missing the view number. It does include the sheet number.

I haven't touched the callout blocks yet - using the default example.

Anyone know why the callout will work with the example but not after I copied everything on to the server? Do I have to some how associate the view with the callout so it knows which view number to present?

Thanks!!!!

Chris.N
2007-07-06, 06:35 PM
Just exploring Sheet Sets for the first time. We're on ACAD2005. I went through the tutorial and everything worked fine. Now I'm trying to setup our own titleblocks to work with sheet sets.

What I did was copied the example .dst file along with the .dwt file it references onto our server where we keep our project files. My plan is modify the titleblock to look like ours. Once I opened this .dst file it seemed to automatically know where all the Callout, Titles, resources, etc. are located within the Properties window of the Sheet Set.

I created a new sheet - no problem.
I added a view to that sheet - no problem
I tried to place a call out on the sheet that references the view - PROBLEM!!!

The callout is missing the view number. It does include the sheet number.

I haven't touched the callout blocks yet - using the default example.

Anyone know why the callout will work with the example but not after I copied everything on to the server? Do I have to some how associate the view with the callout so it knows which view number to present?

Thanks!!!!yes. in 2006 & later, what you have to do is (in the sheet views tab) use the already placed views to place the callouts 'from'. in other words, you can't link a view that isn't already placed on a sheet.

noah
2007-07-06, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the reply but that's not it.

I said I did place the view on the sheet. That works fine. But when I right click on the view in the View List and place callout the callout does not show the view number (just the sheet number and 2 dashes for the view number).

I don't think there is any other way to place a callout, is there? And only views that are actually a part of the sheet set are visible in the View List. So I know that the view is associated with the sheet set.

Anyone else have an idea? Like I said it works fine in the tutorial but not when I copy the files from my docs/settings to the server. I'm very confused.

Thanks!!!!

noah
2007-07-09, 02:16 PM
I figured it out. Seems as though you can't double click on the View Titles to change the numbers but instead must change the number through the SSM. Otherwise you break the link between view and callout. It'd be nice if this was explained somewhere!!!

So, unless the view has a number in front of it in the SSM the callout will be blank. If a View Title is deleted then you need to reinsert the title first. Renumber from the SSM and then place the callout.

Anyone?????

I've done more testing and it appears that I can successfully get some callouts to work but not others within the Tutorial. For instance, callouts for the Elevation views work fine but callouts for the window types or door type views do not show the view number, only the sheet number.

I don't understand what the difference is between the views that show the view number and the ones that don't.

Can someone offer an explanation of what exactly permits the view number to display in the callout? There must be some logical "link" somewhere or some step I am missing.

Thanks!

Noah