PDA

View Full Version : 2008/E Show non-perpendicular grids in elevations /O

matthew g.
2007-07-07, 03:05 AM
The title pretty much says it all. We frequently have grid systems that are not perfect cubes or rectangles and have angles other than 90 degrees between them. If there is a frame along the tilted grid line then I need an elevation. I would like to not have to hand draw grids into these elevations.

--
matthew g.

Steve_Stafford
2007-07-08, 06:16 PM
In section views I can see this happening automatically because the cutplane of the section intersects with a grid, even if at an angle. Elevations do not intersect necessarily...how does Revit decide where to display the grid line relative to others?

matthew g.
2007-07-09, 04:59 AM
(snip)
> how does Revit decide where to display the grid line relative to others?

Wouldn't it just calculate the diagonal distance between grids along the elevated grid line, or did I misunderstand your question?

--
matthew g.

Steve_Stafford
2007-07-09, 06:14 AM
I guess the point I'm making is it is arbitrary isn't it...which is why Revit doesn't do it at this point.

matthew g.
2007-07-09, 09:05 PM
I see what you mean, but even if they force you to use the "Attach to Grid" option that would give them a definite cut plane with an easy way to measure distances and take care of the problem rather easily. Or they can come up with their own way to force you to establish a definite "line" that you are elevating.

--
matthew g.

jofford
2007-07-11, 02:01 PM
I agree this is a big problem. Radial grids especially.

paullee
2008-04-14, 06:41 PM
We need grids that intersect the datum grid in framing elevations to display where they intersect the datum, regardless of the depth of field of view! We need to snap onto the intersection of grids & beams.