PDA

View Full Version : Tags in Surfaces......

justin.d.ehart
2007-07-09, 07:51 PM
Hey is there any way to have a tag set on an interval of every 50 feet creating a grid and having the tag say how much cut or fill is compared between two surfaces for that given point? I have seen it written somewhere and just can not find it.

thanks in advance
-justin

CADiva
2007-07-10, 01:30 PM
I think what you may want to do is create a volume surface from the two compared surfaces. I think you can create the grid from create points and choosing the "On Grid" Option. I haven't tried it but I think it will do what you are wanting for the grid. You will probably need to create a custom labels for the points but I'm thinking you will have to create a custom label for the surface (There is an option to point in the difference between the surfaces even if you don't create the volume based surface). I don't know if there is a way to make them automatically come in at every point on the grid, someone else might know of a way.

If it wasn't needed on the grid, you could use contours and give the fill contours a different style from the cut contours and then a third style for the base contour. I've used this on a few dredging projects and it works really well.

MHultgren
2007-07-10, 02:15 PM
CADiva is right,
You can create your points on grid and use a label style that labels the cut or fill, Just make sure your settings for your surface grid match the settings you want your points inserted at.