PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Monitor in MEP - Room Names

ahefner
2007-07-10, 07:40 PM
After you C/M the Room Names, do you have to retag them?

Mottiqua
2007-07-10, 08:59 PM
after you C/M the rooms, yes, you'll have to tag them. but that's pretty easy with the select all not tagged feature. just pick rooms and it'll tag them all very quick....
you can also copy/paste aligned them between disciplines....

Steve_Stafford
2007-07-10, 10:56 PM
Just to clarify, unfortunately Tag all not Tagged doesn't work for Rooms or Walls yet.

ahefner
2007-07-11, 01:36 PM
after you C/M the rooms, yes, you'll have to tag them. but that's pretty easy with the select all not tagged feature. just pick rooms and it'll tag them all very quick....
you can also copy/paste aligned them between disciplines....

Please enlighten me. It took me several minutes to re-tag all the rooms yesterday. Where is this "tag all no tagged" feature?

Just to clarify, unfortunately Tag all not Tagged doesn't work for Rooms or Walls yet.

Which version are you using?

Steve_Stafford
2007-07-11, 08:06 PM
Version doesn't matter, it isn't possible to use Tag all not Tagged on Rooms or Walls in any version, sorry. It works on nearly all elements, just not those unfortunately.

The "Tag all not Tagged" tool is found on the Drafting design Bar tab and the Drafting menu

ahefner
2007-07-11, 08:09 PM
OIC, well maybe I could find some good use for it.

Thanks for it's location.

kyle.bernhardt
2007-07-12, 04:28 PM
After you C/M the Room Names, do you have to retag them?Quick background...

Tags are annotation objects that exist only in the view that contains them. As you are not Copy/Monitoring the Views themselves, there's no way to bring in the Room Tags.

HTH,
Kyle B

ahefner
2007-07-12, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the clarification ;)

Kyle: Just wonderng if you know; if there are future plans to C/M the equipment and/or ceilings?

kyle.bernhardt
2007-07-12, 08:40 PM
That's a potential workflow solution that we are investigating, one of many. I could go into lengtths about it, but I unfortunately don't have the time right now. In short, that solutions works really only in certain scenarios, and other improvements will help in other scenarios.

That's definitely on our radar screen, but I can't make any statements about its status in a future release.

Kyle B

ahefner
2007-07-12, 08:45 PM
I completely understand ;).

And thank you for the information you did provide.

mwiggins121466
2007-07-13, 04:58 PM
Quick background...

Tags are annotation objects that exist only in the view that contains them. As you are not Copy/Monitoring the Views themselves, there's no way to bring in the Room Tags.

HTH,
Kyle B
You can get the room names form the arch link. The draw back is that you can not move them, they are static. If you go to VV, revit links, custom. On the basics tab for linked view, instead of none select the view of the arch model that has them on it.

HTH

Margaret