PDA

View Full Version : Fabrication Interface

clarkmorgan
2007-07-12, 06:16 PM
Like the one in CAD-Duct.

stelthorst
2007-07-13, 04:23 AM
How does CaDDuct fabrication interference differ from AMEP interference checking?

clarkmorgan
2007-07-17, 04:12 PM
How does CaDDuct fabrication interference differ from AMEP interference checking?

Let me be a little more clear....

On the fabrication side of the HVAC business there are several tools with CAD-Duct being the most robust package that allow users to take a 3D design and turn it into a spool drawing that can be translated by CNC machines to cut sheet metal.

CAD-Duct does have interference checking but it only checks against other CAD-Duct objects.

robw1031
2007-07-17, 07:53 PM
autodesk must first consult some fabricators, then completely revamp their duct parts database/catalog to parts actually used. ( seeing that they think this is so easy it would not take much time at all) I would say 75% of the current 2008 parts are worthless to detailer s/fabricators.

We are currently spending thousands in programing to get it more detailer friendly and is why i like the program. all of the Acad third party add ins ( e.g. CAD Pipe, Cad Duct.) you get what you get and are not open for customizing.

ABS OOTB is really a good deal once you think about it. five programs for a few grand and then spend what you would have shelled you to a third party provider on customizing. In my opinion you end up with a better product.

Kind Regards

Rob W

Kind Regards

stelthorst
2007-07-17, 08:19 PM
Let me be a little more clear....

On the fabrication side of the HVAC business there are several tools with CAD-Duct being the most robust package that allow users to take a 3D design and turn it into a spool drawing that can be translated by CNC machines to cut sheet metal.

CAD-Duct does have interference checking but it only checks against other CAD-Duct objects.
:Oops: I guess I'll stick to the electrical. I misunderstood your post. :Oops:

I know several HVAC guys who use CadDuct and FabPipePro for the very reason you describe. I think Autodesk has kind of ignored the needs of people using ABS for the construction side of a project and focused more on the engineering side of projects.

There are several issues I have with the program because I use it in a manner that I don't think the developers anticipated. I think your suggestion is another example of how the program can be improved to help Autodesk users in the construction industry.