PDA

View Full Version : Image Tiling

judekw
2007-07-16, 12:21 PM
I am fairly new to AutoCAD 2008, and have never rendered in AutoCAD. In the past I have modeled in AutoCAD but have done my rendering in either Form-Z or Bryce. The problem I am having is applying an image as a surface material. I have two forms that I have attempted to use. One is a single instance of the image which I have attempted to apply to a 3D object and have AutoCAD tile. The other is the same image which I have already tiled in another program and imported into AutoCAD as a single image. In the Materials Manager, the preview is good. But no matter what I do, when I apply it to my object, it renders looking like a single stretched image.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Umm, apparently I can't upload the tiled image as it is too large.

judekw
2007-07-16, 07:53 PM
OK, it works. I used the single instance of the image and let AutoCAD tile it. I set the Scale Units to "Fit to Gizmo." I had tried that earlier and I had also tried setting the units to Inches. I think where I was making my mistake was that I was misinterpreting what the U and V Tile values were. I was trying to set an inch value. What I did this time was set Fit to Gizmo and set the U and V values to how many tiles I wanted. I'm not sure that this is the best way, but it worked in this case.