PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard toggle for reference planes on/off in view

christo4robin
2003-07-09, 10:22 PM
Would love this. A keyboard shortcut that I can use to toggle reference plane visibility on and off.

Christopher

Scott Hopkins
2003-07-09, 11:27 PM
In general, Revit needs better (faster) access to many of its commands.

See my post:

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=433

Individual keyboard shortcuts to all the possible categories of the Visibility/graphics dialog box may be a bit difficult to achieve. I think what is really needed is a streamlined Hide/Isolate tool. Like so many other things in Revit the Hide/Isolate tool just takes too many mouse clicks to make it work.

Carl
2003-08-08, 08:32 PM
What could work is something similar to AutoCAD's "turn objects layer off" tool that shipped with the express tools - the little visibilty light icon.

Scott D Davis
2003-08-08, 08:59 PM
What could work is something similar to AutoCAD's "turn objects layer off" tool that shipped with the express tools - the little visibilty light icon.

Revit already has this, in the Temporary Hide/Isolate tool. Click the sunglasses in the toolbar.

Carl
2003-08-08, 09:15 PM
Scott,
:oops:
Thanks for the tip, wish I could work around someone that could give me all the newbie tips - running solo over here.
The Temporary Hide/Isolate tool takes 4 clicks vs. 2 in ACAD to do what I want it to do, but that's not a problem.
Is there any quick way to hide all the reference lines (or any other catogory) in all the views? Hopefully I'm just missing another little button.
C

Steve_Stafford
2003-08-08, 10:55 PM
Who do you think we are Carl...we got your back! :D (We'll I'm on vacation starting now...but somebody does) :wink: