PDA

View Full Version : 3D with Project navigator...

benf
2007-07-23, 06:10 PM
I'm trying to switch over to Project Navigator and have a few questions. Is it possible to draw in risers and have them show up on all floors? I made and riser construct and checked all the floors, and then x-ref'd it into the hvac model constucts. Then I tried to connect ducts to in on the HVAC constucts. It seemed like it was connecting, but when the command was finished it didn't show the take off's. I got it to look better by drawing take-off's and branches in the riser construct, but when i tryed to move the riser, nothing stayed connected. Is there a way to keep everything connected across drawings like this or would I just have to go to every floor and fix everything if the architect moved the shaft location? Does anyone use ABS like this? Or is Revit the answer? Also another issue with x-refing the riser in, is that it doesn't show just the cross section of it as it pertains to the floor you are on. It shows all the transitions through the whole height of the riser. Is there some way to clip it so I only see the part I want to see?
I'm using ABS2007.1

stelthorst
2007-08-14, 04:53 PM
I'm trying to switch over to Project Navigator and have a few questions. Is it possible to draw in risers and have them show up on all floors? I made and riser construct and checked all the floors, and then x-ref'd it into the hvac model constucts. Then I tried to connect ducts to in on the HVAC constucts. It seemed like it was connecting, but when the command was finished it didn't show the take off's. I got it to look better by drawing take-off's and branches in the riser construct, but when i tryed to move the riser, nothing stayed connected. Is there a way to keep everything connected across drawings like this or would I just have to go to every floor and fix everything if the architect moved the shaft location? Does anyone use ABS like this? Or is Revit the answer? Also another issue with x-refing the riser in, is that it doesn't show just the cross section of it as it pertains to the floor you are on. It shows all the transitions through the whole height of the riser. Is there some way to clip it so I only see the part I want to see?
I'm using ABS2007.1
Hi benf,

I often have electrical conduits that span multiple levels and I tend to just draw the conduit on the construct for each level. For example, if I have a conduit run that goes from the first floor to the third floor on the first floor construct I'll stop the conduit 2" above the 2nd floor deck (just an arbitrary distance I use) and on my second floor drawing I'll bring in the first floor construct and start the run at the 2" level and run it up to 2" above the 3rd floor deck.

This seems to work well for me and if I move the conduit on one level the others try to follow (I say try because the results aren't 100% but for the most part it works)

Hope this helps,

stelthorst
2007-10-21, 03:44 AM
Hi benf

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the ABS 2007 General (http://www.forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=383) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Scott Telthorst
Forum Moderator