PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to run .NET applications in AutoCAD LT

marciniak.jaroslaw
2007-07-25, 12:36 PM
hello
Is there any way to run vb.net application on autoCAD LT? Maybe there is some extension to aotuCAD LT, that handles netload command, (LT-extender doesn't support netload) or some other way. Thx for any reply

regards
Jarek Marciniak

rkmcswain
2008-12-10, 06:49 PM
As far as I know, the answer is no.

zeljko.gjuranic
2009-07-03, 08:26 AM
Yes it is, but only at startup.
In the registry, there is a list of arx's and dll's that are loaded when autocad lt starts. Just add your application.
I probably shouldn't go into more detail, scince Autodesk doesn't approve customizing Autocad lt.

Ed Jobe
2009-07-06, 02:41 PM
The only thing I know of is the toolkit from DrCauto.com. It supports ObjectArx but doesn't mention NETLOAD. LISP is supported though.

Ed Jobe
2009-07-06, 02:43 PM
Yes it is, but only at startup.
In the registry, there is a list of arx's and dll's that are loaded when autocad lt starts. Just add your application.
I probably shouldn't go into more detail, scince Autodesk doesn't approve customizing Autocad lt.
You might be able to specify a file, but does it actually load and continue working? I don't have LT, so I can't test your claim.

zeljko.gjuranic
2009-07-08, 12:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure, I also don't have LT.
I've tried it on LT 2008, but with LT extender installed, which provides netload functionality.

Unfortunately, this add-on is no longer developed.

Ed Jobe
2009-07-08, 02:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure, I also don't have LT.
I've tried it on LT 2008, but with LT extender installed, which provides netload functionality.

Unfortunately, this add-on is no longer developed.Autodesk's lawsuit killed extender.
I think that NETLOAD is the key. Otherwise, LT only recognizes the dll's it ships with. Someone would need to test it though. Perhaps Jarek could report back here if he gets it to work?

pjohnson.137155
2009-07-16, 12:13 PM
What makes LT cheaper is the removal of customizing ability, that is lsp and such.

Patrick Johnson
http:\\www.cadenhancement.com