PDA

View Full Version : Help with Light Fixtures in Revit MEP

Dr._House
2007-07-26, 02:32 PM
In my "free time" here I decided to try out Revit Architecture and then moved the building I made into Revit MEP to try the Electrical potion out. I've added lights and decided to render a scene and no matter how I put the lights in it almost looks like they are upside down. So I was thinking maybe I would try to create my own Light Fixture Family. Are there any tutorials for that on here? I used the "Creating a Better Door" tutorial from on here and it was FANTASTIC!

Mottiqua
2007-07-26, 04:08 PM
are you placing them in the ceiling grid layout or just on the floor plan. The MEP fixtures are created by face/plane hosting. The floor plan view extents of planes are a little different than the RCP, which is literally a "REFLECTED" ceiling plan...everything is reflected.
Try placing them there, and your renderings should appear correct.

There are tutorials on creating your own content, I believe Kyle posted them somewhere on here....

kyle.bernhardt
2007-07-27, 12:31 PM
There are tutorials on creating your own content, I believe Kyle posted them somewhere on here....Indeed I did, but you can find them at www.autodesk.com/revitmep-documentation

:beer:
Kyle B