PDA

View Full Version : RCP & mask blocks

lauraf
2004-08-04, 02:23 PM
Our office is using ADT3.3
When we drag and drop Fluorescent lights from the design center, they do not auto mask the grid and do not have the option to rotate like they do when using the Add Mask Block from the Desktop pull down menu. I suppose this is because there is no custom command in the content. I'm reading Paul Aubin's book and he describes two steps for masking - one for drag and drop content and the other for attaching masking blocks. A co-worker insists that the mask is automatic when dragged and dropped from the design center. I need help.

lauraf
2004-08-06, 10:07 PM
To answer my own question..
the light fixtures do not automask the ceilind grid when drag and dropped from the design center. The lights are anchored to the grid when drag and dropped and cannot be rotated in a normal way. You have to highlight the light and right click, then select "Node Anchor", then "rotation" and rotate around the Z axis. Then you can "attach" a mask to ceiling grid.

You can insert the lights by double clicking or right click choose insert from the Design Center and they will still mask the ceiling grid once you attach the mask to the grid however the lights are no longer anchored to the ceiling grid which means if you erase or move the grid, the lights stay behind.